PDA

View Full Version : Shortness of breath

babylove123
08-28-2012, 04:57 PM
Anyone know anything i can do for my shortness of breath.
My chest feels so tight...i cant breathe.
On another thread someone mentioned vicks vapor rub may help...
But sadly i have rubbed it on my chest 3 times in like 30 minutes & its not helping!
Help!!!!

Calii
08-28-2012, 07:51 PM
I get that too .. And I feel like when I go to inhale I can't like get that one deep breathe.. It sucks .. I just don't panic and know illl eventually catch my breath..

j2005
08-28-2012, 07:55 PM
Baby,

I've learned to just observe it. Don't fight it. Make sure you are practicing feel breathing

--james

babylove123
08-28-2012, 08:01 PM
But its like even if i feel super calm i still cant get that breath....i feel like i stop mid-yawn sometimes bc the air wont come out!
I just want to breath right & yawn! Lol
Ive tried everything ppl have told me...still nothing.
Its been like this since i was young & its getting worse, maybe bc of workstress. Im not sure.

Calii
08-28-2012, 09:11 PM
Oh.. If you've been like that since you were young I don't know what to tell you.. Unless you've been suffering from anxiety since you were young which would be sad :( have you gotten checked out by your doctor? I know when I'm feeling anxiety I get the exact same thing.. Talk to your doctor about it hun :)

babylove123
08-28-2012, 09:47 PM
Yea ive always had anxiety but its just worse now. I wasnt really young like 13+
but yea im working on getting insurance but until then i cant see a doc:( too expensive

Calii
08-28-2012, 11:32 PM
Oh shit :( that sucks.. I was actually thinking about that today like if I didn't live in Canada how fucked and more anxiety ridden I'd feel if I had to pay to see a doctor everytime.. I make frequent stops to my doctors office due to anxiety.. Always thinking in dying its fucked even knowing I'm perfectly healthy.. The best thing to know is that you're not alone. Im here to talk anytime.

dazza
08-29-2012, 01:17 AM
Bubba-lurrrvvvvvvv... (love the name by the way)

I'm inclined to say that you're concentrating on your breathing too much. The more you think about it the worse it feels... really.
Same can be said for almost any bodily function.

People with heart anxiety tend to focus on their pulse and heartbeat 24/7 and it drives them nuts!

PLEASE try to forget about your breathing. I think over awareness is mostly to blame.

But also, PLEASE note the following:

A lot of people get into the BAD HABIT of poor breathing (too shallow, often through the nose).
My sister used to be like this and she would actually faint sometimes... until one day she went to docs who told her how to breath properly and, miraculously she was cured that day.

Try these:

http://www.anxietyslayer.com/journal/3-anxiety-breathing-techniques-you-can-practice-anywhere.html

babylove123
08-29-2012, 08:14 AM
@calii you're really lucky u live in canada then!
But im working on getting insurance so i can atleast go to the ER when i have a bad attack u know.
& @ dazza i know im concentrating on it too much but idk how to stop ive tried to & i dont understand what i should do to not realize whats happening.
On a brighter note i just woke up feeling fine! & no work for me today ! So its gonna be a good day!