PDA

View Full Version : Brain Fog

blondie33
08-28-2012, 01:34 PM
At work & feel like my brain is all foggy. Want to leave work so bad but I will be damned if I let this anxiety ruin my work!!! Here for 6 more hours. Anybody give me some good techniques?

Calii
08-28-2012, 01:55 PM
I suffer from brain fog .. Am right now because of anxiety .. I'm out with friends kind of working as well at a salon right now and I'm having the same .. My eyes are even blurry., just relax.. Don't think about it and keep occupied.. Know your not alone

blondie33
08-28-2012, 02:10 PM
Thanks. It's so annoying. I feel so spaced out.

blondie33
08-28-2012, 02:13 PM
My eyes get blurry too. And I have a headache from this anxiety. It's so hard to not focus on the anxiety when ur feeling like this. I know it's anxiety so why can't I just realize that and move on. Grr

Calii
08-28-2012, 02:27 PM
I'm the exact same babe... Ugh :( it's easier said then done.. I can't even stop thinking about it

dazza
08-28-2012, 02:45 PM
What appears to be brain fog and associated vision issues is part and parcel of a derealization experience.

Your brain is preoccupied with dealing with perceived threats (worries / fears / anxieties) and during this time your peripheral senses (e.g. sight, smell, hearing, touch) become somewhat distorted.

This is not a real physical issue, your brain is fine.

Try shocking your system out of danger mode, like slow, deep breathing using your belly / splashing your face with cold water / releasing all tension (e.g. sit down and relax all your appendages) while telling yourself what i've said above.
If you can convince yourself - you'll find it'll fade much quicker.

jeremyfresno
08-28-2012, 03:28 PM
Brain fog or like dazza said derealization is an awful symptom! I've had and have been feeling it recently too...just try to stay occupied its hard but it will go away faster...it always goes away just be patient and don't think about it to much....a nice relaxing shower always works too

blondie33
08-28-2012, 05:39 PM
Yeah mine will go away if I'm busy or occupied. It seems to be there when I'm working, driving or at a store. The last 2 years my anxiety has been better but the last month it's been horrible. I wish I could just brush it off.

dazza
08-28-2012, 05:47 PM
>Yeah mine will go away if I'm busy or occupied. It seems to be there when I'm working, driving or at a store.

BINGO!
At least you recognise that its occurance is circumstantial... (i.e. at times of increased anxiety)

It'll all makes sense, eventually. When it does you'll begin to regain control...

Funny old thing the human brain

blondie33
08-28-2012, 06:02 PM
Thanks for your response :-)

Calii
08-28-2012, 07:49 PM
Do you have fb blondie? I think it would be nice to have someone to talk to about this and message each other when we're feeling anxiety .. :)

blondie33
08-28-2012, 08:00 PM
Yes I do. Can I message it to u on here?

jhunter89
08-31-2012, 03:53 PM
My Brain feels foggy a lot, if I don't give something my full concentration i will mess it up and sometimes it takes me a few seconds to register what someone had said to me leaving me looking and feeling like a moron.