PDA

View Full Version : CranioSacral Therapy

Bridgie
08-23-2005, 08:44 AM
I spoke with a neighbor of mine who owns a Healing Arts/Massage therapy Center and she recommended CranialSacral Massage Therapy for my anxiety.

Well, I am not sure what this is, but I am going to try it, and I will let you know what it's all about when I find out!

:lol:

shoe
08-23-2005, 09:52 AM
Hmm, sounds interesting. I've never heard of it before, but I've found two links that discuss this. I'll have to read up on it, but definitely let us know if this helps ya! =)

The links:

Wikipedia - Craniosacral Therapy:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Craniosacral_Therapy

Skeptic's Dictionary - Craniosacral Therapy:
http://skepdic.com/craniosacral.html

Bridgie
08-24-2005, 07:24 AM
Thanks for the links Shoe! It kind of worries me that the second link is on a skeptic site! :roll:

But I am sure it will feel good regardless! And it will get me out of the house, that's the most important thing!

shoe
08-24-2005, 08:10 AM
Yeah, sorry about the skeptic's dictionary link, but I like to hear about things from both sides of the argument for and against it. The skeptic's dictionary does occasionally have good insight, but sometimes lets their opinions get in the way of fair reporting.

I'm all for new and unique approaches to therapy, I hear stories all the time about how some seemingly odd sounding things like EMDR and TFT and Holosync audio help to cure people of their anxieties. I keep in mind though that the results of any treatment is based in part on what the patient brings to the therapy session. Belief and hope, or disbelief and skepticism, can totally alter the outcome as well as the person's willingness to fully comply with and totally commit themselves to the treatment itself. =)

Bridgie
08-29-2005, 05:39 PM
Okay my appt. is tomorrow! I am even going to try and **drive*** there! It is only a couple of blocks! I will let you know how things go......I feel so brave for even taking this step!

shoe
08-30-2005, 06:58 AM
good luck bridgie! it is a brave step, you should definitely be proud. =)

Bridgie
08-31-2005, 09:25 AM
Okay I made it through and it was great! I drove down, remained calm. The therapist new in advance that I was suffering from anxiety, so she was right there to greet me. She waited til after the session to get me to fill out paper work which I think was really considerate of her. She took me around the gardens first and made sure I was relaxed and comfortable before beginning.

So basically, it was a massage focusing on areas around the base of the skull, pushing and pulling energy through some areas. Whatever! It felt good though. She also massaged my legs, feet, and arms. I want to go back because it did make me feel good and relaxed.

I was very calm afterwards and driving home was no problem!

shoe
08-31-2005, 01:47 PM
Bridgie, glad it went well. Sounds like a nice place! I wouldn't mind a massag myself..