PDA

View Full Version : Umm im pretty scared

mcornejo
08-27-2012, 10:48 PM
Think I'm loosing control of my mind a lil. I know I have an anxiety disorder but I don't think everything I'm experiencing can be from anxiety. Last night I was trying to fall asleep and I heard the neighbors dogs start barking. I irritated but then out of nowhere in my head I went "shhhh" without even wanting to. It just happened. Im freaking out im gonna loose it soon. There are other times when I'm thinking of a situation And if it one that is confrontational like a argument I may have later idk it feels intense almost like I want to react. What if one day I confuse imaginary for reality. I hear that's psychosis. I doesn't help that i have a vary vivid imagination. I'm scared...

Calii
08-27-2012, 11:51 PM
Have u talked to a doctor about this

mcornejo
08-28-2012, 12:30 AM
Nope I contribute it to an over active mind. God I don't want some integer disorder. I'm scared the doc is going to say I have something else

Siegfried
08-28-2012, 04:14 AM
The odds are that you don't have anything else. And if you do, the longer you take to get treatment, the harder it will be to get it under control. So hop to it! =)

Are you taking anything for your anxiety?

mcornejo
08-28-2012, 07:36 AM
Nope. Just going though it. I don't really trust meds.

trinidiva
08-28-2012, 08:20 AM
I felt the same way for a long time....I refused to take the meds....I don't even take an aspirin for a headache...but in my experience, my anxiety kept getting worse, until it got to a point that I broke down and agreed to try a small amt of meds. It has helped tremendously. I still have periods of anxiety, ( like the anxiety I had been experiencing this morning.) It's not anywhere as bad as it used to be though.

Calii
08-28-2012, 10:20 AM
I'm on the lowest mg of Ativan... Or lorazapam and even with that I take half of it.. They make me extremely drowsy and incoherent..

I'm not one to give out advice because I am suffering from it to but for me I know it's really good to know that you're not alone.. Try keeping your mind occupied. I just quit a job because I could not handle it and would almost faint from my anxiety but went out looking for another one and it's my first day today .. Just to keep my kind busy .. It's the best thing you can do if you don't want to try the pills. I to don't believe in them nor would I take an Advil or anything when I have a headache.. Do you like to paint? Write? Try some of those... Meditation is what I'm going to be trying soon... Let me know if you do try anything .. Keep in touch

mcornejo
08-28-2012, 11:35 AM
I draw mostly. I just started school again after having the worst summer of my life. So now I should be a lot more distracted. I also practice meditation kinda lol. The problem is that there is just so much going on in my head that I only get kinda relaxed. I takes a while.
Honestly I don't know if the thing I experienced was a sign of something worse or just a hyonagogic thing. I think it's just another symptom because weird things like that only happen when I'm falling asleep. When I'm wide awake I'm just like any other anxious person lol. No short term memory, shakes in the hand, restless, hypochondriac, chest pains, short of breath etc... As for my imagination, now that I think about it I've always been like that. I can imagine things extremely well. Even the emotions and physical pains. I think my anxiety though is just scaring me to the point of reacting or somehow idk feeling something I imagine. I mean I only get bugged by a thought when it's a bad one. Like the bus I'm in suddenly getting into a car crash. Btw have any of you felt really energetic randomly. I noticed that yesterday after having slept maybe 3 hours, I had energy a lot during the day. I was pumped. But was also thinking "I'm supposed to be exhausted right now"

mcornejo
08-28-2012, 11:42 AM
Oh and I was on Zoloft for about 1 1/2 year. Didn't do a thing. My big hiccup with meds is that docs don't really know how they work. That is the dumbest thing I've heard. I'm supposed to pill? In the freakin commercial it says "zoloft is THOUGHT to work by affecting a chemical the brain called serotonin" umm screw that. Beside I want to work on my causes for anxiety not just suppress the symptoms. I'm going to a new doc tomorrow. Hope he says all this is just anxiety and stress. God I hope he says that

NatalieRegina
08-28-2012, 02:44 PM
I think you're right on the money there with the vivid imagination. And I'm jumping on Calii's bandwagon here- paint, write, draw, make youtube vids- find some way to channel your creative energy because it sounds like you've got a lot. :)

jeremyfresno
08-28-2012, 03:34 PM
I know you don't like medication but it can be quite helpful! Perhaps Zoloft was not the right medication for you but there is more out there you can try! I tried tackling anxiety on my own and I finally realized I need an extra hand from good old conventional medicine....it's helped a lot! If you want to try something natural try a vitamin called holy basil it helped me a lot at the time...definitely meditate and go on therapeutic walks those help a lot too

mcornejo
08-28-2012, 11:04 PM
Will do. I can't really say I've ever tried to tackle my anxiety. I got the Zoloft for depression. I really didn't pay attention to anxiety until recently lol. People would ask me why are your hands shaking? Also I don't get panic attacks. But I am vary restless and have derez. This summer was pure hell.