PDA

View Full Version : feeling loooonely... might be a cause for anxiety ._.

hoppipolla
03-09-2007, 07:21 PM
does anyone else find that? it's just, i have very few if any truly close friends any more, as many people have moved all over the country for uni and i've lost contact with ex-girlfriends who when i was with them they were like best friends to me but when you split things can get distant.

even though i think stress at uni was the original trigger for anxiety, so often now i look out at the nice weather and the sun while i sit indoors and just think i would love to have someone or people to just hang out with, just sit under a tree and watch the clouds go by and the leaves moving in the wind. i have spent far too much of the last year or so (and last summer) alone, and after a while you're not sure if you want to go out in the sun all by yourself any more, even if it is really beautiful outside.

does anyone else feel like this? or would like to chat, it would be cool to make some new friends who are similar to me :)

i am in Kent in the UK, but i don't really mind where people live it's just cool to chat.

take care everyone!

Hoppi :)

and does anyone else think this face is really sweet -> :shock: hehe!

Auron
03-10-2007, 07:31 PM
hey....

yeah I know how you feel. for me, after graduating from high school, i used to have really closed friends..i mean people who i knew for 4-2 years and when i left to florida, all my so call friends who promesed they would call or write...never did or never answered my calls....I got so pissed off about it but finally let it go and realized how false my friends were, though fortunately i still talk to two of my friends but not often.

Its been the same to me...my family is in canada im alone in florida for another month and havent really make new friends and I rarely even talk.

but anyways, you will meet peple some way or another. and to be, is better to be alone than having false friends.

yeah sure it would be great to chat.

FallenAnx
03-12-2007, 02:41 AM
Hey Im gona have to completely agree with you. I feel lonely alot of the time, Its hard realizing that alot of friends you thought were close are just false friends that dont care about you.I am always open to chat or make new friends because I know exactly how loneliness feels.

hoppipolla
03-17-2007, 03:20 PM
hi guys i was sure i posted a reply before but maybe my net screwed up (the router sucks a bit lol).

but yeah, i'm glad i'm not alone in feeling like this, sometimes i think that if i just had good friends nearby to see often my anxiety would disappear within a week, as long as nothing was actively stressing me out again. i mean, i can take a bit, just not loads.

so how did things change for you fallenanx?

and yeah i know what you mean too auron, i mean i consider some people to at least be closER friends, but still tricky to organize things with them and i can never work out why i don't think there is anything wrong with me but my self esteem has been so low because i have been alone for so long. or pretty much alone.

MikeMarcoe
03-21-2007, 10:36 AM
One thing that helped me back at uni was just being around people, even if I didn't talk to them. I'd go to public lectures or small readings and just sit there and observe. Sometimes someone would start talking to me. But mostly, I'd just soak up the sociality. That way, my anxiety was never aroused. Over time, I picked up a few friends and slowly developed my social skills, and now, I have improved greatly.

Slow and careful exposure over time will help a LOT.

ShutUpBrain
03-22-2007, 01:13 PM
I know how it feels. Sometimes it is like you are the only person in the world who feels that way. Most people are so out of tune with their own anxieties that when they see someone like us they instinctively respond with negativity or think that you are strange. I sometimes feel that people with anxiety are just those who see the world for what it is and yearn for something more significant.

Needless to say, I too am fighting a very tough battle against anxiety that I fear I will never emerge from. At least you know you aren't the only one though. You sound like a great person and just need a little peace of mind like the rest of us.

To quote the board motto "easier said than done".

hoppipolla
03-24-2007, 06:52 AM
hi guys thanks for the replies :)

it's interesting what you said about the slow exposures Mike... i mean, they DO help, but i really feel like i need close social interaction like heart to heart chats with friends or a gf or you know just a good solid friendship. I have lots of like, semi-friends. But that kinda doesn't feel like enough for me i get lonely ._.

and yeah Shutupbrain (i can't count the number of times i have said that in my head lol) you're right... i feel like i may think too much about the world and my place in it, although i think lots of things contributed to my anxiety.

as a warning though, i don't know how often i will be on this forum in the future, but feel free to add me to msn or email me yeah? :)

bye 4 now