PDA

View Full Version : heart symptoms and bowels

daisy84279
08-27-2012, 09:25 PM
Ok I know this is a little gross, but does anyone else notice a link between their anxiety attacks and bowel movements? I was just a few minutes, laying in bed. I started to feel a discomfort in my chest, and it felt heavy. I sat up, and then got the need to use the restroom. Not to go into much detail, as I was waiting to go, I got an adrenaline surge and started to panic. After I was done using the restroom, I felt my panic start to go away. Strange....

Tristanayoubi
08-27-2012, 10:10 PM
oh this is an awkward post....

yes, that used to happen to me.. haha

dazza
08-27-2012, 11:30 PM
Daisy

Heavy chest = symptomatic response to panic mode

Panic mode = more blood to vital organs, less to everywhere else (including stomach, bowels / bladder)

The result is the need to go poo poo ploppy and wee wee (offloading weight in order to run faster)

Congratulations! you just experienced a typical fight or flight response by way of plop plop!

trinidiva
08-28-2012, 04:58 AM
Happened to me this morning.....

Movinonmom
08-28-2012, 05:37 AM
I think of it as your body getting rid of all the toxins so you will feel better. Our bodies dump adrenaline so much with anxiety that it can't get rid of it all easily. So it dumps it.

jeri
08-29-2012, 10:20 PM
I think of it as your body getting rid of all the toxins so you will feel better. Our bodies dump adrenaline so much with anxiety that it can't get rid of it all easily. So it dumps it.

I have stomach problems and lots of bowel sounds. More than I want. And I worry to much. When I talk about this to a close friend well she gets upset with me. She can get headaches or her son can be disabled due to seizures and depression but if I start to worry or talk about my stomach or bowel worries she does not like to hear it. This makes it worst for me. I would like her to be supportive loving and caring but that's not the case. So it fuels my worry. I live alone in Dallas.

Sedigive
09-02-2012, 01:44 PM
Yep, have had the same problem before.