PDA

View Full Version : Understanding some of my symptoms

hollera
08-27-2012, 02:10 PM
Last year, I had an MRA and an MRI for headaches that I was having...the headaches have gotten better, but I was convinced I had a brain tumor or something.

About 8 months ago, I started experiencing visual problems. For instance, I have optic migraines 24 hours a day. I can see this blurry shadow moving in the corner of my left eye. In addition to this, I also feel like everything I look at is very grainy and pixelated all the time...sort of like i'm seeing little moving dots in everything. These symptoms are both persistent and do not go away.

The neurologist that I see will not run any additional tests because he feels that the results of the MRI/MRA are sufficient. The neuro-opthalmologist also believes that there is nothing wrong with me.

I just want to know if anyone experiences any symptoms similar to this. It's very hard to just accept these sudden changes in my vision are all a part of anxiety. Since I can't believe my doctors, I was wondering if anyone else dealt with this.

dazza
08-27-2012, 03:40 PM
>Chest - lots of mussels

Just mussels, or cockles too? ;-)

cal21
08-27-2012, 05:58 PM
I started in December with what felt like heart attacks and like my heart was shipping a beat I went to a and e a lot of times and ended up being refered to a cardiologist for further tests. ii have every test going encluding having an ECG machine fitting to me for a month. they told me there was nothing wrong. However I still belived there was something they missed. To some extent I still do. However it has improved with time. Talking to people and relaxation has helped. I know it's not quite the same thing but though it might help