PDA

View Full Version : Have you had this?

meshalaw
08-27-2012, 12:29 PM
One minute I'm fine and the next I have this weird loopy feeling like I'm out of it had anyone else experienced this?

dazza
08-27-2012, 12:46 PM
Yep, the last time I gulped a quadruple vodka on an empty stomach.

One minute fine... next minute doing the worm across my living room.

NatalieRegina
08-27-2012, 02:20 PM
Are you on any medications or do you just not feel like yourself when you feel this?

dazza
08-27-2012, 02:23 PM
No medication really... well, the odd half a diazepam.

I certainly don't feel myself while doing the worm... that'd be just rude.

(OOOOOh, sorry... you mean Meshalaw?)

jhunter89
08-27-2012, 02:24 PM
Are you on the sauce again dazza?

dazza
08-27-2012, 02:32 PM
Nope! Not all like you dear! :-P

jhunter89
08-27-2012, 02:38 PM
:rolleyes:

Reheheheeally?

NatalieRegina
08-27-2012, 02:39 PM
I wonder if doing the worm would be a good natural remedy. I'm definitely doing it the next time I feel antsy. :)

dazza
08-27-2012, 02:49 PM
Anyway, enough of this gay banter! lol

In response to the original post:

I'm assuming you've been diagnosed with anxiety disorder (and hence why you are here, on this forum?)

If this is so, then understand that anxiety (fears) is the highest priority emotion that the brain will process.
Obvious really, since fear is a response to danger - and survival comes first.

Such apparent dangers are triggered spontaneously and inappropriately in anx' disorder sufferers. Out of the blue... any time, any where.

When this happens, we lose our normal focus and the result is often that of "out of it"

Unfortunately, the "out of it" feeling triggers more concern, which in turn fires off more danger signals, which in turn causes more "out of it" sensations.
Before you know it, you're in a closed-loop situation and things get somewhat out of control for a short duration.

meshalaw
08-28-2012, 08:44 AM
No I'm not on medication and yes that's just what it's like. Like I don't feel like myself I'm still waiting to feel normal will that ever come?

NatalieRegina
08-28-2012, 02:28 PM
Yes. Eventually that fog clears away, but it takes time. Just know that in the meantime, it's a normal way of your brain protecting you from all the stress that anxiety can cause.

Tristanayoubi
08-28-2012, 02:34 PM
Yep, the last time I gulped a quadruple vodka on an empty stomach.

One minute fine... next minute doing the worm across my living room.

Holy shit dazza.. lol!!!