PDA

View Full Version : Bachs rescue remedy

meshalaw
08-26-2012, 10:59 PM
As anyone true this ? Did it work ? I was thinking about trying it

Buttercup
08-27-2012, 01:28 AM
I take it every morning (I have the spray version) and to be honest it could be a placebo or it could be the other meds i have been on and the therapy i have been through but I haven't had a panic attack since I have been using it. It's not overly expensive and there are no adverse reactions associated with it so it's worth a try just to see.

n1ck13
08-27-2012, 06:54 AM
I've tried it to, particularly during exam periods and I found it helped too. I use the drops and even put it in a bottle of water to sip on during the day..it could be placebo but even If that's the case, if it makes you feel better than what is wrong with that?!

jhunter89
08-27-2012, 07:05 AM
Ooo. What is it?

annalea(:
08-27-2012, 09:53 AM
Works a treat! :D

AnnaLea
Xx

dazza
08-27-2012, 11:16 AM
In the 1930's, Doctor Edward Bach found that various flowers and herbs helped toward our various, negative emotions.

By mixing the various herbs (and 27% plum brandy - let's no forget!) he came up with what we now know as "Rescue Remedy"

His discoveries were scientific and tested successfully on many clients. The ingredients were said to "unlock" the natural healing power
of the body.

I take it (in drop form) sometimes in chamomile or decaf tea and, placebo or not, it seems to help somewhat.

I very much doubt this would passify a full-blown panic attack, but it certainly seems to help steady-state anxiety.

Worth a shot by all means.

jhunter89
08-27-2012, 11:19 AM
Bet it tastes like cack?

dazza
08-27-2012, 11:39 AM
Might taste like shit if you had a mouthful, I dunno... but you're only supposed to put 4 drops into your drink, therefore it's diluted to a point where you barely taste anything.

nf1234
08-27-2012, 12:29 PM
I think it works great. A dropper full under the tongue usually does the trick. Don't really notice a taste since its under the tongue. It could be a placebo but the minute I feel it under my tongue I can feel the relaxation. It has proven effective in high anxiety situations. You might have to do a few extra doses in times of higher anxiety.

jhunter89
08-27-2012, 01:06 PM
Hmmm. I've tried those kalms tablets and they don't do shit so I'm a bit skeptical.

6harvs6
08-27-2012, 01:58 PM
Tried the liquid and the sweets. Didn't have any effect. In fact all of the herbal remedies if have tried haven't made a difference, that includes the sleep aids. Maybe they help some people but for me they were a waist of time. I hope they work for you, good luck.

dazza
08-27-2012, 02:19 PM
Tried the liquid and the sweets. Didn't have any effect. In fact all of the herbal remedies if have tried haven't made a difference, that includes the sleep aids. Maybe they help some people but for me they were a waist of time. I hope they work for you, good luck.

Yeah, BUT, no, BUT, yeah, but...

Did you ALLOW it to work?

If you believe it will work, it might!

With me, while I'm making it I think...

"Ahhhhhhhhh, a nice, relaxing, herbal (with some alcohol) cuppa. Think I'll just sit & relax while supping on this cup of miracle that cures everything (from syphallis to typhoid, from warts to man boobs) and let my anxious thoughts drain away... yummmmaaaa <slurp>"

Low and behold... I'm so relaxed I practically slide off my chair onto the floor...

kzac
08-27-2012, 03:26 PM
Kali-phos number 6

kzac
08-27-2012, 03:30 PM
Sorry it cut me short!!! Kali-phos number 6 you can get from health shops they arn't pills they are tissue salts so you can pop a few when you are anxious or no you are going to get anxious! They dissolve on your tongue and i always carry some! There is a whole range of them for different ailments but number 6 is for anxiety think they go 1-10! Worth a try! My mom used to take them forty years ago!!

Kellyx

dazza
08-27-2012, 03:45 PM
There are, however, times when this may not ring true.

My dad, for example, once got two of his friends to hold him upside down in a fresh cow - pat, in the hope that this would cure his baldness.

Didn't work.

6harvs6
08-29-2012, 04:38 PM
Yeah, BUT, no, BUT, yeah, but...

Did you ALLOW it to work?

If you believe it will work, it might!

With me, while I'm making it I think...

"Ahhhhhhhhh, a nice, relaxing, herbal (with some alcohol) cuppa. Think I'll just sit & relax while supping on this cup of miracle that cures everything (from syphallis to typhoid, from warts to man boobs) and let my anxious thoughts drain away... yummmmaaaa <slurp>"

Low and behold... I'm so relaxed I practically slide off my chair onto the floor...

To be honest Dazza, I probably didnt give it the best chance to work. I remember trying Bach Remedy and other similar medicines whilst on my honeymoon (which was 7 days of constant severe anxiety - no fun) and I was so caught up in the anxiety and unable to relax that I probably would've only responded to some sort of elephant tranquilizers! Everybody is different with this condition so some things may be great for some and not have an effect at all on others.