PDA

View Full Version : Heart Rate during an anxiety Attk

FallenAnx
03-07-2007, 12:30 PM
So last night I woke up at 1am to an anxiety attack and my heart rate was 177 definitly know that it was an anxiety attack and I was able to calm myself down and get the rate down to 90 after about 2-3mins and just recooperated for 30mins before being able to fall back asleep... has anyone ever had heart rates this high during there attacks or should I go see my doctor about this?
Thanks
Bryant

kdanielle
03-07-2007, 09:58 PM
well..my heart has got up to 180...but i also had drugs in my system which is what caused me to start having anxiety attacks..i believe there was only one other time, [that i know of] my heart got to 160 but yes you should go see your doctor just incase..i went and they said i have an irregular heartbeat so now i have to go see a cardiologist on the 14th, so your best bet just to be safe would go see your doctor.

juliana
03-07-2007, 11:08 PM
I have always had a very fast resting heartbeat (near 100bpm) so when I'm anxious or exercising my heart rate gets very high. It used to scare me, but I've had tests and my doctor has told me it's fine. The heart is a strong muscle and even though that racing heartbeat feels awful, it usually isn't dangerous.

200 bpm is actually the target heartrate for a 20 year-old (for cardio exercise) on the American Heart Association charts. So, even though 177 is high, it's not dangerously high. I read in your welcome post that you've had heart function tests done. That's a good thing and it sounds like you're healthy in that area.

It never hurts to talk to your doctor about something that concerns you, though. It can help to put your mind at ease and lessen your anxiety. Good luck.