PDA

View Full Version : the anxious zoombie

Jeordie
03-06-2007, 10:01 AM
For what specific reason one would get skinnier because or nervous exaustion?

Does the thinking suck proteins? Honestly, I'd like to know.
Actually I'm not sure if it's really the chilos. Yes, I have few pounds less, but I get the feeling it's more about the aura. I look at myself a the mirror and it's like my skeleton got oddly smaller. I wish I would be bigger, so hopefully anorexia is not in the hood.

So, anyway, what is the organic cause, and what the right attitude...

juliana
03-06-2007, 03:11 PM
I'll tell you the main reason I lose weight when I'm suffering a lot of anxiety. Basically, I hardly ever eat. I feel nauseous, my stomach is tied in knots and I don't even think about food.

Surges in adrenaline also burn calories. So, if you're in a panicked state a lot of the time, your body is burning more calories than if you're relaxed. When you're anxious, your heart rate increases, your adrenaline levels go up and you burn calories. It's a workout for your body.

Are you saying that you don't know if you're actually losing weight? Are you saying that you're getting the perception that you're just smaller? One explanation for that is loss of muscle tone. If you're not as physically active as you used to be and not getting as much protein, your muscles will get smaller. Less muscle tone makes our frames look smaller.

Your sense of having a smaller skeleton could also be psychological. It could be because you perceive yourself as smaller and less powerful. When the world is a scary place for us, we DO feel smaller and it can affect our perception of reality.

Jeordie
03-06-2007, 04:59 PM
Thanks for your nice reply...

I probably have a combination of things...maybe I'm eating less, because food makes me nauseous at times. I have a new habit, which is jogging my morning without having breakfast. This could be relevant. I'm still active, so I think it's more about that, after all, you don't build muscle by jogging, you rather lose it.

Thanks a lot. I'll get better.

myra
03-07-2007, 05:59 AM
I lost weight too when I'm in a particulary stressful situation. It's usually only about 5lbs.

When I started getting PA's really bad, I lost weight, but I've gained it back.