PDA

View Full Version : Clumsiness

jhunter89
08-25-2012, 11:27 AM
Ok.. So I don't know if this has anything to do with anxiety but I am SO clumsy. I drop something or knock something over at least once a day and I make stupid stupid mistakes ESPECIALLY if somebody is watching me! I mean i don't think I am stupid by any means, I was in top set in everything at school but now I just feel like a complete moron :( does anyone else have this? Or have I just frazzled my brain??

dazza
08-25-2012, 11:45 AM
There's a possibility that anxiety has a part to play since by definition, anxiety means a pre-occupied brain = lack of concentration.

Or of course you may just be a dizzy girly that's too busy thinking of kittens, knitting & makeup to worry about what you're about to stumble over...

jhunter89
08-25-2012, 11:49 AM
I feel like such a retard, I used to be so smart :'( now im always making silly mistakes its shaking what little confidence I have left.

jhunter89
08-25-2012, 11:50 AM
P.S i rarely think of kittens and never about knitting LOL

masterhamster
08-25-2012, 03:02 PM
I get this sometimes, I stumble over my words, drop things, stuff like that. I think it does have something to do with anxiety, because I did it far less before all this crap started. I think, like mentioned before, that it is cause by the brain being overstimulated, and not concentrated at the task at hand.

Well, those are my thoughts, anyways. Hope you feel better!

camilla91
08-25-2012, 03:13 PM
This always happens to me! I constantly drop things, spill things, leave cooker on, leave keys in door, stutter, and waddle! Yes I waddle. As soon as I know someones looking at me when I'm walking I end up waddling like a duck LOL definately anxiety! Or if someone watching me even make a cup of tea I will no doubt knock something over, I shake as well! Its got to be anxiety, otherwise we wouldn't be bothered about someone watching us? Stay strong it will pass :) (always easier to laugh these things off then worry about them)

jhunter89
08-25-2012, 07:51 PM
Lol thanks guys :) I'm terrified of leaving the cooker on!! I have to check like 2 or 3 times that it's off before I leave the house else I'll worry all day I've left it on and the house will burn down!!

camilla91
08-26-2012, 07:42 AM
That sounds like the start of OCD! Unless u already have it? I've got a slight bit of ocd but its a lot better than it was, couldn't leave a room without flicking light switch 7 times (very embarrassing in public) and had a thing for flicking telly forward 2 and back one LOL I don't do any of these now if just kind of wore off, I am one of the worst for leaving my cooker on LOL I don't even know I've left it on till fire alarms gone off! Anyway don't worry we're as clumsy as each other! Lol

jhunter89
08-26-2012, 08:02 AM
I don't think I have it? I just have to double check things. Like making sure I've locked the door a few times when I go out! lol

camilla91
08-26-2012, 08:32 AM
Does sound like the start of ocd! Lol aslong as its not bothering u or controlling your life u should be fine lol one of the girls on my streets got it bad, she spends all day cleaning and scrubbing things, goes around checking every plug socket in her house is off, she even gets up in the night to re-check them! x

jhunter89
08-26-2012, 08:59 AM
Lol no it's not interfering with my life. I do have to check every plug socket is off, and I haven't left any taps on, occasionally have to check the oven before I go to sleep LOL

camilla91
08-27-2012, 01:26 AM
LOL! That's not too bad is it? (I'm covering my face with my hand and have idea why! LOL)

jhunter89
08-27-2012, 02:24 AM
Better to be safe than sorry right? :)

NatalieRegina
08-27-2012, 02:23 PM
Clumsy with words, yes. I remember when I had such bad anxiety and I was so flustered with talking to my mom and answering the phone at the same time that I said "Hello!" to my mom and "I love you?" when I picked up the phone. Oy. :)

jhunter89
08-27-2012, 02:26 PM
Lol that's pretty funny.

dazza
08-27-2012, 02:30 PM
Clumsy with words, yes. I remember when I had such bad anxiety and I was so flustered with talking to my mom and answering the phone at the same time that I said "Hello!" to my mom and "I love you?" when I picked up the phone. Oy. :)

Reminds me when I first got a SAMSUNG GALAXY-S phone. The original had a bug where sometimes texts went to the wrong person!! (yeah, shocking)

"Can't wait to see and snog you later" - I thought I sent to my partner... only my dad received it.

Wrong on all levels.

Bug was fixed after a long awaited firmware update but bloody hell this caused some confusion.

jhunter89
08-27-2012, 02:32 PM
Priceless :D

NatalieRegina
08-27-2012, 02:37 PM
Hahaha, glad to know I'm not the only one who sends love messages to strangers.. or parents. ;)

jhunter89
08-27-2012, 02:49 PM
I borrowed my mums phone once to text my boyfriend and he text back "I like the thought of you in the bath" or something like that and she read it **criiinnnge**

dazza
08-27-2012, 02:54 PM
>"I like the thought of you in the bath"

Coz you only bath twice a year... I bet he does, lol

jhunter89
08-27-2012, 03:00 PM
Yes, I shower on the other 363 days ;)

Meanie :P