PDA

View Full Version : Another panic attack, encouragment please

defmunel
08-24-2012, 10:29 PM
These seem to happen more often now. I was talking to my sil on the phone. She's a pretty high strung person and just listening to her gives me anxiety. As I hung up the phone (talking with her for 1 hr) I noticed the veins in my hands popping. Then both arms began to feel like blood was "rushing" through them. It's been 2 hours and I still have that same feeling. I've felt this before in my left hand, but never my right. My anxiety is over death and heart related. I'm always worried that I'm having "symptoms" and that I shouldn't ignore them. I'm 29 5'4" and 115 lbs. checked by my dr 6 months ago, and I'm as healthy as can be. Great blood levels too. can anxiety manifest itself in different ways every time? Anytime I get a new "symptom" I panic.

dazza
08-25-2012, 03:00 AM
'Fraid so...

Once the particular anxiety has set and your anxious, obsessed brain has locked on, everything, bar nothing becomes associated with the original fear.

I too suffered heart anxiety. Even a god damn itch became a relevant focus.

Anxiety brings with it every possible (and impossible!) symptoms of the most fucked up kind.
Unlikely that not a single square centimeter of your body will be affected at some point or another.

Stop looking and you won't find it...

masterhamster
08-25-2012, 03:11 PM
I know that feel, bro. Over the past couple of months, I went from knowing my heart was giving out, to thinking my brain was fucked up, to thinking my heart is fucked up again. I went to the ER and they kept me over night, and said there was nothing wrong, just GERD and anxiety, and have had a physical since where the doc told me that they would have found anything wrong with me, and I still can't shake the feeling that something will go badly wrong, very soon. Since I don't have health insurance at the moment, I have found the only thing that makes me feel better besides seeing a doctor is coming here and seeing that I am not the only one this is happening to.

kdubg
08-27-2012, 01:09 AM
Man I finally found a thread about my specific
Problem! You guys aren't alone! Let's stay strong
Man, it's all we can do. Listen to some relaxing music with headphones on and close your eyes. That helps me