PDA

View Full Version : Stomach Pains

raggamuffin
08-24-2012, 01:43 AM
Hi all,

My stomach has been driving me nuts the past couple of weeks. I had a break from it for maybe 2 weeks and then it came back. Stomach aches, burping, farting etc. Bit emabressing, but also it can be very painful too. The last time I had IBS symptoms I went to the doctors and had a few blood tests which came back fine. But the recommended medication for IBS did nothing. I've now tried a new medicine which is a 3 in 1 for muscle spasms, wind and stomach acid and it's not doing anything beneficial either. Not sure if it's worth pestering the doctor again. Last time I went was when I was getting severe arm pains and there was little they could do. But he said pain killers wouldn't help these arm pains no matter how severe they got unless they had a placebo affect on me. Makes me wonder if these stomach pains are the same.

It occurs within a few minutes of wake up....as with many anxiety symptoms. Once you start remembering about your worries the symptoms soon come flooding back. But it occurs on an empty stomach just as often as on a full stomach. I guess it's gas based, it also comes and goes. Not sure if that's thanks to me distracting myself or what. As embaressing as that is to admit, there's one technique recommended for trapped wind where you sit in the mecca style prayer posistion with your bum in the air and somehow it makes you get rid of gas almost constantly. It's quite an alien feeling to say the least and I can be going for 20-30 minutes. Rather surprised i'm writting about this in detail.

I'm sure other anxiety sufferers have had the same issues before. I guess I just wanted to get it written down and out there as I have done with other symptoms in the past. Unfortunately the past week the arm pains have been returning too. I'm still waiting on a referral letter for Private CBT though. It feels like i've been waiting forever. In the meantime the only advice friends have is to "stop worrying" or "don't be so anxious". Easier said than done in all honesty, and these days that sort of advice just frustrates me because it's not as if we have an on off button for our worries and over active imaginations

Ed

Enduronman
08-24-2012, 06:52 AM
Oh cmon! We have "an on and off button for our worries and over active imaginations!"...Great line Ed!...As far as these "digestive" issues goes I will just make a few suggestions of some natural remedys as it appears you have nothing to lose except maybe to stop fartin all the time!.. Just kidn, anyway go to the nearest naturals supply house and pick up some L-glutamine, ginger root, turmeric, siberian ginseng, take daily and drink at least 80 to 100 ounces of water per day..If you're a "soda" drinker, then that in itself is MOST of your problem. Let us know in the next few days if these symptoms just suddenly disappear too. I like to keep notes for future use..

Goodluck friend!

Enduronman...:)

raggamuffin
08-24-2012, 06:58 AM
Thankfully I quit soda a long time ago and i've been trying to steer clear of the foods that are harsh on my stomach. But until paydya I can't re-stock on all the good foods like fresh fruit and veg and wholefoods. It's shocking how expensive wholefoods are these days. I think a lot of it is mind based as when I had a bit of chest pain later today the stomach pain miraculously disappeared...what a surprise = /

Ed

Enduronman
08-24-2012, 07:09 AM
Imagine that! From one place to another..anxiety is such a silly bastard! Hey, throw in some valerian up there too..it's a great mild sedative and great for digestion too..Nothing up there is high $ either..cheap..

Enduronman.

raggamuffin
08-24-2012, 07:51 AM
I have ginger and lemon tea, also peppermint is good for digestion too so I hav ethat. Avoiding caffeine these days so having to find alternatives that taste good. Chamomille is great too. I got a valerian and hops supplement as well as olive, starflower, hemp, cod and omega oils too. I'll admit i'm bad at maintaining a schedule. I think I should just get one of those Monday-Sunday containers and leave it on my desk at work then i'll remember to take them.

Hows life treating you these days by the way?

Ed

Enduronman
08-24-2012, 08:28 AM
I am doing ok I suppose. I have not worked since May because of this last (disease, RA) caused by chronic stress and anxiety so that's when I chose to kick anxiety in the ass. Enough of that! Its gone and I plan to get back to work this upcoming Monday, should be interesting to say the least as I had done construction work for 30 years prior to this past May. My physical body "threw in the towel"..it just quit workin. It was weird to be floppin around like a fish outta water and I wasn't even askin my body to do it! It was doing "its own thing" man..Seriously, like why can't I move my own hands kinda crap?...They wouldnt move, stuck in some clawlike position for 7 days. Thats why I HAMMER everybody to get this under control, before you feel like a VooDoo doll shaking around, tremors, pain, electrical shocks, seizures...cuz thats where Anxiety and his idiot side kicks lead you too...A world of WTF??...I didnt do that with my arm! Or my leg! or my hand!!!...It was crazy...

Enduronman.

raggamuffin
08-24-2012, 09:28 AM
That sounds very intesne. My symptoms are getting bigger with the year+ of internet "reasearch" and my over active imagination trying to convince me every waking hour that i'm in trouble. I think my brains working over time trying to figure out all these supposed problems in my body and my body's reacting. But in general my mind and body are both exhausted from this weird theatrical improv of aches and pains going on in my body.

Ed

jeri
08-29-2012, 10:36 PM
Hi all,

My stomach has been driving me nuts the past couple of weeks. I had a break from it for maybe 2 weeks and then it came back. Stomach aches, burping, farting etc. Bit emabressing, but also it can be very painful too. The last time I had IBS symptoms I went to the doctors and had a few blood tests which came back fine. But the recommended medication for IBS did nothing. I've now tried a new medicine which is a 3 in 1 for muscle spasms, wind and stomach acid and it's not doing anything beneficial either. Not sure if it's worth pestering the doctor again. Last time I went was when I was getting severe arm pains and there was little they could do. But he said pain killers wouldn't help these arm pains no matter how severe they got unless they had a placebo affect on me. Makes me wonder if these stomach pains are the same.

It occurs within a few minutes of wake up....as with many anxiety symptoms. Once you start remembering about your worries the symptoms soon come flooding back. But it occurs on an empty stomach just as often as on a full stomach. I guess it's gas based, it also comes and goes. Not sure if that's thanks to me distracting myself or what. As embaressing as that is to admit, there's one technique recommended for trapped wind where you sit in the mecca style prayer posistion with your bum in the air and somehow it makes you get rid of gas almost constantly. It's quite an alien feeling to say the least and I can be going for 20-30 minutes. Rather surprised i'm writting about this in detail.

I'm sure other anxiety sufferers have had the same issues before. I guess I just wanted to get it written down and out there as I have done with other symptoms in the past. Unfortunately the past week the arm pains have been returning too. I'm still waiting on a referral letter for Private CBT though. It feels like i've been waiting forever. In the meantime the only advice friends have is to "stop worrying" or "don't be so anxious". Easier said than done in all honesty, and these days that sort of advice just frustrates me because it's not as if we have an on off button for our worries and over active imaginations

Ed

I have had stomach problems like you described for 3-4 years. Most recently I have these gas feelings. I get really anxious and worried to. How are you doing now? I am trying to decrease stress and make diet changes. I feel bloated. Gas. It's a bad cycle. No one really understands when I talk to them. I think our answer is to get away from worry. Believe we are ok. Change lifestyle.

dazza
08-30-2012, 12:57 AM
>They wouldnt move, stuck in some clawlike position for 7 days

This is almost guaranteed to be Tetany, caused through either hyperventilation or lack of calcium (hypocalcemia).

It is fairly common amongst anxiety sufferers in full panic mode. The hands curl up into a claw-like position and stay there until the body has recovered!

Tetany can occur on any muscle in the body, such as face, fingers and calves and can be long lasting... often leaving them very sore.