PDA

View Full Version : To go or not to go??

kww5190
08-23-2012, 09:08 PM
So my brother is throwing a huge party at his house on Saturday and my entire extended family and a lot of their friends will be there. My anxiety is at full speed this week and just thinking about the party is putting me in overdrive and freaking out. It makes it tough cause no one gets it except for my husband. Whenever I tell my mom or dad I am having anxiety they call me psyco. Nice I know!!! I am thinking of skipping the party, my family has a way of making me feel bad about myself and almost as though they don't care if I am there as long as my kids are.
Should I just suck it up and go??

n1ck13
08-24-2012, 05:03 AM
Hey!

If you are close with your brother then you should go for him and no body else! If you do go tho, try not to let your anxiety get in the way of you having a good time... What is it about your family that makes you anxious? What are you afraid of?

Enduronman
08-24-2012, 07:06 AM
I had my reply typed an my comp shut down! GAWD!! Yes, get well medicated an GO.. When you arrive, find the so called "family" members that make you feel bad and say "Look, it's a disorder and I'm trying to work through it so if you don't have anything good to say about me as your family,..then shut the hell up please because I'm doing the best that I can..thank you"..Then go about having a good time regardless of whoever these so called "family" members are.. So yes, go.

Enduronman..:)

kzac
08-24-2012, 08:24 AM
Yep go, ignore any negative comments ( i get this to) usually i find the first half an hour the worst after that i start to forget myself! I find the build up and thought of things far worse than the actual event, il spend weeks anxious about something and when it comes around im fine and after il just be like why do i do it to myself???

Kellyx