PDA

View Full Version : What triggers your anxiety?

Jconley
08-23-2012, 09:21 AM
Just curious to find out what triggers everyone's anxiety. Mine is always health related. Im always thinking something may be wrong with me especially with my heart. Its the scariest thing ever.

sharjen
08-23-2012, 09:27 AM
Hi mines is mainly health related- hasn't been too bad lately as I've managed to stay away from google- now I just have phobias that bring on my anxiety xx

homebird
08-23-2012, 09:41 AM
Fears about the future. It usually involves my daughter or just my family (husband/daughter/me) as a whole.

duqgrad
08-23-2012, 10:29 AM
Mine is also fears about the future. It really sucks!

cyncyn
08-23-2012, 10:34 AM
Mine is triggered when I feel lonely or left home alone

jhunter89
08-23-2012, 10:37 AM
Fears about the future and the well being of my partner, especially when im alone!

Enduronman
08-23-2012, 10:55 AM
Short answer, me. Long answer, anything that my eyes visually see, my ears hear audibly, and my mind creates an atmosphere or environment that stimulates "THREAT"..mode...

Essentially, anything, or everything depending upon how I allow my thoughts to "construct"...

Endorphin Man. :)

autopartslew
08-23-2012, 11:01 AM
Thrill rides I wanna go on but when I get there I freeze any kind of family conflict and going out socialy alone I always worry that there is some one better than me that will take what I have

jhunter89
08-23-2012, 11:15 AM
Oh and nearly all social situations

psych_student
08-23-2012, 12:19 PM
My anxiety is generally triggered by social situation that I can't escape from. The most potent example is talking on the phone, especially if I'm the one answering the phone and not the one making the call (I guess the control of making the call myself calms me a bit). Ironically, I worked as a receptionist for about 5 years through high school and first year of college.

These days, almost everything seems to set me off.

jhunter89
08-23-2012, 12:22 PM
I hate talking on the phone! Especially when there's other people around me.

psych_student
08-23-2012, 01:45 PM
Yes, I agree with that! I like being alone when I make calls, otherwise I get nervous I won't be able to hear the other person or I'll miss something.

Oh, and another thing that sets off my anxiety: my parents. I live away pretty far from home, but whenever I return for visits I have a panic attack, no exceptions.

jhunter89
08-23-2012, 01:57 PM
I get very flustered and worried I'll say something dumb and not only will the person on the phone hear it but also everyone around me!I was born and bred in England but most of my family (apart from my mum, dad and brother) live in Scotland, last time I went to visit I felt very very uncomfortable :-/

psych_student
08-23-2012, 02:21 PM
I think most of my social anxiety comes from the worrying that I will say something dumb. It's completely irrational, and I know that, I know everyone says dumb things sometimes and no one cares, but I just can't let go of that feeling.

jhunter89
08-23-2012, 02:24 PM
I say dumb things a lot lol and when someone speaks to me or I have to speak to someone, I blush.. It is most annoying!