PDA

View Full Version : Night terrors? Some other anxiety-induced issue?

arglawrence
08-22-2012, 01:31 AM
Recently I was diagnosed with depression and anxiety and in the past 6 months I have experienced night terrors. I am currently in between drugs for said depression and anxiety. Usually when I have them I was up extremely terrified but have no idea why. About an hour ago I woke up approximately 2 hours after initially falling asleep; I felt somewhat scared, but I wasn't sure why and turned Netflix on my phone on to have something to fall asleep to. What felt like extremely shortly later, but I'm not sure if it was that short or not, I felt sort of in the state between awake and asleep, but started to wonder where I was. Occasionally, but leaning more toward seldom, I will wake up and be confused about my whereabouts, but this time I also had to remind myself what my last name was (I've been married for 2 years), then I had to remind myself that my husband was sleeping next to me and what his name was. I have never woken up and just forgotten these simple facts and instantly went into panic attack mode. I got up and paced, splashed water in my face, and felt relatively normal again, but I'm still very scared. Has anyone else ever experienced anything like this? I'm just wondering if it's something I should be worried about...

camilla91
08-22-2012, 11:25 AM
Hello, I don't really think you should be worried because it sounds like a side affect off an anti depressant if your taking any? I get really bad nightmares aswell but don't let them get to me, if I wake up in the night I automatically try and go back to sleep, don't get out of bed because you'll wake yourself up more, but to be honest I don't thinkits anything to worry about, I always put nightmares down to our brains sorting out the things that are bothering us, I always dream something I can't see is trying to get my son.. But if I think about this properly 'the thing I can't see' is probably my anxiety, I can't see it but still want to fight it to protect my son, anyway, if they are bothering you badly go back to ur doctors and tell him otherwise they will get better :)

Enduronman
08-22-2012, 01:09 PM
Holy crap what medications are causing "delusionary schizophrenia!"....List the names here please, I wanna know what the Dr. has you on to produce this type of result!! I have gotten the "where am I?" WITHOUT meds!!...

Yes, its SOMETHING YOU SHOULD BE WORRIED ABOUT...

Enduronman..:/

luckydog
08-22-2012, 02:12 PM
I have issues like that from time to time...but its bipolar psychosis. Too high or low can trigger it. And that state can be brought on by the wrong antidepressant. Advice...don't let your Dr out the door until he explains the side effects. And if he can't explain them..you need a new Dr.

Enduronman
08-22-2012, 02:14 PM
BRAVO!!!

E-Man..

camilla91
08-22-2012, 02:24 PM
I'm gunna have to start reading these posts properly instead of skimming them! LOL yes I agree, go back to doctors!! I'd seriously get him to change your meds.. But don't panic about it, it can be fixed and you will be better soon!

arglawrence
08-23-2012, 04:30 PM
I'm honestly not worried I have delusional schizophrenia; the experience I had would have to have lasted much, much longer (a month according to research I've done) and it lasted only about 15 seconds, albeit very, very long-feeling seconds. It hasn't happened again and I had just stopped taking Pristiq.

camilla91
08-24-2012, 01:57 AM
I'd still go to the doctors and mention what happened, I think it was because u woke up at a point when you should have asleep, you like ur half asleep half awake? Its taken a while for ur brain to catch up (I think anyway lol)

arglawrence
08-24-2012, 09:11 AM
Well I told her and she said that she doesn't think it's anything to be worried about; she said pretty much exactly what you said, camilla91! Thanks for the support everyone!

camilla91
08-24-2012, 09:14 AM
Good! Thank god for that! LOL something like that happened to me the other night, one o clock in morning sum moron knocked at my front door it took me about 15 seconds to wake myself up! I was half asleep half still dreaming and wide awake at same time! Lol I'm glad your okay!