PDA

View Full Version : gunna post a picture for a bit of advice before I go running to doctors LOL

camilla91
08-21-2012, 01:09 PM
Right, some little bugger bit me or stung me, my leg swelled, (its the only bite\sting whatever it is that I've got)
Anyway I want bothered about it until my sister said it looks like it does because I'm not eating properly and its sumat t do with my blood LOL the second day I had it my whole leg hurt but it doesn't now and has gone this odd colour so advice on this please? Just reassure me LOL146

Buttercup
08-21-2012, 01:12 PM
i'd go to the doctor just to check.

camilla91
08-21-2012, 01:20 PM
That's not reassuring! LOL I just wanna know if bites usually do this and will it go on its own? Gunna give it another day then (reluctantly) go docs lol I don't wanna go just for him t say 'its a bite get over it' lol I'd rather someone tell me over a screen lol

Enduronman
08-21-2012, 01:21 PM
UH,...YES! Agreed...It looks like a spider bite! Holy crap...Yes, go to Dr,...I can only reassure you that it is infected, and looks like a caused reaction to a venom from a spider bite..

So,...GO TO THE DR PLEASE CAMMMMIIILLLLLAAAAA!!!!!

dazza
08-21-2012, 01:25 PM
If you're of a delicate or vulnerable skin disposition (e.g. very fair / easily sunburnt / etc.) then ANY kind of bite can cause more of a reaction to that of those who have tougher, less vulnerable skin.

This LOOKS like a mosquito bite to me and the coagulant the little fuckers inject has caused this reaction.

My partner suffers similar.

That said... don't take any chances and seek medical advice as soon as poss.

Tried putting ice on it to reduce swelling?

Glad to see you've shaved ya legs anyway :-)

Enduronman
08-21-2012, 01:27 PM
IMHO...It will not just go away, it will continue to spread, it will continue to destroy tissue, it will cause other more serious repercussions if it gets into your bloodstream of which it is not yet, it is localized, and the histamines that your body produces are containing it to that area, followed by cytokines, lymphocytes, white blood cell invaders...DR ENDURONMAN SAYS GO TO THE F**KING DOCTOR NOW!!..

Sincerely,
VikingMan.

dazza
08-21-2012, 01:32 PM
Very unlikely to be a dangerous spider-bite in the UK, especially Doncaster.
The spiders know you all drink beer, smoke tabs and eat stotty-cake. You wouldn't be very tasty ;-)

Enduronman
08-21-2012, 01:38 PM
bahaahhaa!!! Tabs? Stotty-cake?...LMAO!!! :)

jhunter89
08-21-2012, 01:41 PM
Lol. No spider can harm you in this effing country you madhead. This isn't australia y'know

dazza
08-21-2012, 01:46 PM
Lol. No spider can harm you in this effing country you madhead. This isn't australia y'know

Not quite true!

Although we haven't got anything like the danger other countries (like Australia) have in terms of spider bites, there are some spiders in the UK that can give you a nasty nip (e.g. the False Widow), but this is similar to a wasp or bee sting.

Several bites from a False Widow could be a little dangerous, however - but then so can several wasp stings.

camilla91
08-21-2012, 01:48 PM
My strange friend did u bloody put that on purpose! LOL scaring me to the doctors u evil man! LOL venom from a spider? There's a spider in my house?!! I don't mind the huge ones but the fact a small spider had the cheek to bite me? In my own house?!! Hmm so I've panicked for a reason that's a first! Well I get some blood test results tomorrow so yes.. I will see the doctor -_- (in case ur wondering im muttering obsenities under my breath lol) and yes the legs must be shaved at all times! LOL

camilla91
08-21-2012, 01:50 PM
And what the hells stotty cakes? LOL

dazza
08-21-2012, 01:56 PM
And what the hells stotty cakes? LOL

Whattt?

You can't be a proper northerner!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stottie_cake

(Also known as the Oven Bottom Bread)

Nothing like it with butter... mmmmm

jhunter89
08-21-2012, 01:56 PM
I been told the common wolf spider is highly venomous, however it's fangs canning penetrate human skin. Haha dumb spider. I hate slides, give me the fuckin creeps man *shudder*

jhunter89
08-21-2012, 01:57 PM
Cannot stupid fucking iPhone auto fucking correct

jhunter89
08-21-2012, 01:58 PM
**Spiders not slides goddamn it. SORRY PEOPLE!

dazza
08-21-2012, 01:59 PM
ALL spiders are venomous - each and every one of the hairly little fooks.

However, the venom is usually far too weak for humans to even notice... or, as you say, they cannot pierce our skin.

camilla91
08-21-2012, 02:01 PM
I wrote a reply ages ago! LOL to my strange friend, that's for scaring me to go to the doctors! LOL nice to know I'm panicking for a reason for once LOL dazza the legs must always be shaved LOL and what the hell is a stottycake? LOL

jhunter89
08-21-2012, 02:06 PM
Hate the little bastards

camilla91
08-21-2012, 02:07 PM
Oh my reply did come up LOL but no never ate a stotty cake never even heard of it! LOL do you wanna know the difference between your guys replys and the replys on facebook? I posted same thing on there as I did on here and got 2 replys one telling me to ge to the hospital and the other saying I've got blood poisoning! LOL bloody thing -_- lol

jhunter89
08-21-2012, 02:10 PM
Mossies etc are more prevalent in the hot weather non? I can't see the picture but whack some germolene on it you'll be 'right lol

Tristanayoubi
08-21-2012, 02:14 PM
OMG YOUR LEG HAS A CHANCE OF EXPLODING HOLY BALLS!

lol jk its a spider bite for sure.

dazza
08-21-2012, 02:17 PM
The point of entry looks like it's surrounded by a raised, yellowy bump. This is typical of a mozzy bite.

jhunter89
08-21-2012, 02:19 PM
Is it itchy?

Buttercup
08-21-2012, 02:31 PM
Any insect bite/sting can cause a reaction no matter what country you are in and regardless of whether the insect is venemous or not. People react differently to things and all insects can carry bacteria that will cause skin to react- some folk may just get a red mark, some it may be much worse. It looks like you have had an allergic reaction to it or the bacteria has caused the reaction. If not treated it can turn in to cellulitis which can be very serious. I did not say this in my last post as I did not want to freak you out hence I just said go get it checked. In fairness, no one here can make a diagnosis as we are not doctors and if we were we would have to be able to examine the area properly, all we can do is give opinions. I have never been to the ER/Accident Emergency but if I had that on my leg i would head down right away. It is always better to be safe than sorry.

camilla91
08-21-2012, 02:45 PM
I liked your first post better buttercup! LOL thank you though, right full story on the bite, first few days it itched, went into a massive big pink circle, then it stopped itching and just itched around the area? Next day my whole leg felt like I'd exercised it to the point of exhustion (it ached everytime I walked) today it only aches around that area, (it went that colour yesterday) and occasionally itches around that area, but if I go to run my nail over the actual red patc it stings like when you've been nettled? It feels like a nettle sting when I run my nail over the red area basically..

Buttercup
08-21-2012, 05:51 PM
Does the area where the redness is feel hot when you touch it? If yes and the redness is spreading please get off the net and into a hospital!

dazza
08-21-2012, 06:04 PM
It could be that the mozzy that sucked on you had syphallis?

Hmmm... her last post sounded slightly concerning I must admit.

Then again, a mozzy bite, when scratched, also feels hot around the area since it is somewhat inflamed and reacting to the coagulent.

dazza
08-21-2012, 06:05 PM
Is she still here??? can anyone get in touch??

Enduronman
08-21-2012, 06:11 PM
I think she may have gotten the point and sought medical care in this case..That was an obvious infection caused by either a mozzy or a spider. I still lean more towards a spider bite as most people would know if a mosquito was feasting on them for what would appear to be over an hour...That was some serious shit IMHO...I hope she did the right thing here, I know she hates Dr's but if that were to enter the bloodstream then suffering and misery would spread throughout her home..forever.

Enduronman...

dazza
08-21-2012, 06:15 PM
That was an obvious infection caused by either a mozzy or a spider.

Enduronman...

BUT, as mentioned earlier, my other 'arf gets a similar reaction to some (not all) mosquito bites. She has one on her leg right now.. very similar in size and hideousness to the pic on this thread.

I am slightly concerned now, though.

Enduronman
08-21-2012, 06:20 PM
DazzBlaster,

A mosquito is killing people in the U.S. bruh...(west nile virus). I HATE to tell people to read the stupid news reports, especially people with high anxiety but it may be worth the read to you friend..Last I heard, 20 average, normal, people in Texas..gone. Because of a mosquito.. Just lettin you know bruh.. I care man.

Enduronman...

camilla91
08-22-2012, 12:25 AM
...I'm going this morning LOL I've been asleep, in my defence its not a red today so healing? Anyway I'm going to call the doctor as soon as I've done this post so don't worry, but if its just a bite that will go on its on I will not be amused! Lol thanks for all your (slightly scary) advice..

falconlady
08-22-2012, 12:40 AM
Hi, I've had this same reaction to stings, bites, etc. I'm pretty sure if it was life-threatening it would be in the first hour or two after it happened. I usually take benedryl and it eventually gets better. I've had to go to the dr. a couple of times and they gave me antibiotics and/or steroids to clear it up. Both times they told me it was a "moderately severe localized reaction". Hope this helps

camilla91
08-22-2012, 12:45 AM
Thank you :) that's all I wanted! A nice reassuring post lol I'm still going to go doctors just incase because my legs a bit numb today and I've convinced myself its life threatning! LOL x

falconlady
08-22-2012, 01:17 AM
You're welcome! Yes, you should probably go while your leg is still shaved ;) Let us know how it goes

dazza
08-22-2012, 01:20 AM
Thank god your leg didn't fall off over night!

I copied / pasted your original pic into a graphics application and zoomed in on the point of entry.
I couldn't see two puncture holes (suggesting spider), but then again - the pic wasn't great quality.

I did, however see human teeth marks... but I'll keep that one quiet eh?

Hopefully it was just a reaction to a mozzy coagulant.

Good luck :-)

camilla91
08-22-2012, 01:48 AM
LOL dazza ur so odd! LOL it does feel like there's only one punture wound (not really a wound more of a dot lol) it doesn't feel as bad today, just aching -_- if I ever find what bit me its gunna bloody know about it! I'm going to overly clean my house today to hunt it down! Lol I think I've just had an allergic reaction to it, I've never been allergic to anything in my life so this is quite a shock! LOL

camilla91
08-22-2012, 01:53 AM
The doctor had been phoned -_- there is no appointments for today so I asked for a call back.. That won't be till about 3.. So there! No more nagging lol I let yous know what it is..

camilla91
08-22-2012, 09:14 AM
Hiya everyone, just been doctors, I've had a bad allergic reaction to the bite :) nothing to serious, been given allergy tablets..

Enduronman
08-22-2012, 09:53 AM
YAY! It sure looked serious! Glad that it isn't..Now, hunt down that pesky creature and snuff it out! :)

Enduronman...

camilla91
08-22-2012, 10:40 AM
I'm bloody going to! The abusive little bugger -_- LOL

dazza
08-22-2012, 04:19 PM
Phew!!

I'm glad this turned out OK!

We were left twitching in our chairs after you'd logged off...
(Interestingly - this has slightly elevated by anxiety toward spiders. Couldn't give a shit before this thread appeared so cheers for that luvvy!)