PDA

View Full Version : Anyone here on lorazapam /avitan ?

jessy
08-20-2012, 10:23 AM
Oils like to talk to any one who is on this drug ?
Jessy x

jklivin
08-20-2012, 10:47 AM
Ativan, Yes, I used to - be very careful with this drug. When I was on it I could not remember things that I did the night before, and it is VERY hard to get off of. I have read it is worse then withdrawing from heroin. I never did heroin, but if that is what they compare it to, then my heart goes out to heroin addicts. And I know they put warnings on all meds not to drink alcohol, but - DO NOT DRINK WHILE TAKING ATIVAN PERIOD!

kmarie30
08-20-2012, 11:24 AM
I take it when needed

jessy
08-20-2012, 11:29 AM
Do you take it each day ???
How much do you take ? :-)

dazza
08-20-2012, 11:49 AM
I turn to Diazepam (valium) for relief.

Diazepam and Lorazepam are similar in their actions and effects. The difference, I believe, is the strength, speed of action and half life.

Although you can take these types of drugs on a daily basis, you may run the risk of addiction and, in rare cases, some pretty grim side effects.

With this in mind, you should try not to rely on these things, but rather treat them as a last resort.

During my worst period of anxiety, I was taking perhaps 2 or 3 (2mg) tablets per week. I'm now down to about half a week.

Tristanayoubi
08-20-2012, 11:55 AM
I take it only when I have a panic attack.

kmarie30
08-20-2012, 12:44 PM
I sometimes take .5 of an Ativan up to 3 times a week

jessy
09-17-2012, 04:42 PM
I take 2 sometimes 3 mg each day

Haloeclipse
09-17-2012, 06:07 PM
I recently got on it. .5mg as needed. I can get by without most of the time. So far has worked very well with no side effects. But as mentioned above, benzodiazepines can be risky over the long one. I plan on keeping it to only for as needed.

jessy
09-18-2012, 06:47 AM
I've been on mine as needed up to 3 mg a day for 3 years

inzombiac
09-18-2012, 07:05 AM
I'm the same only during panic attacks. I just started it though. I'm too scared to get addicted so if I feel panicky I try to avoid it but if I can't I'll take it.

jessy
09-19-2012, 03:03 PM
If you need it & it helps I don't see a problem with being on it , :)

Demon Cleaner
09-20-2012, 12:17 AM
I can attest to the severity of the withdrawal from extended use and or abuse of benzodiazepines. It was like living In a nightmare. Basically like a giant panic attack that is constant and lasts weeks to months. I went through rehab and detox to get off of them. When I was released I was still suffering acute withdrawal I spent another 10 days locked in a friends home while she took care of me. Agrophobia, breakdowns, mania, days on end without literally any sleep, extreme fear, sensitivity to light, rls, anorexia ( I lost 23 pounds withdrawing and I'm a little person) isolation, major depression, twitching, shaking. It was by far the scariest period of my life. Keep In mind I'm not saying don't use them for panic. I'm just saying be careful because crossing the line into abuse and tolerance is so very easy it can happen to anyone good people and bad people alike. I truly hope this prevents someone from making the same mistake I did. Those side effects I listed were ones I experienced not even the whole list. And as a former opiate addict as well I can confirm that benzodiazepine withdrawal is significantly more traumatic. I don't like sharing my past mistakes but I feel it's my responsibility to share how dangerous misuse of benzos can be.