PDA

View Full Version : Fear of not waking up

crispi
08-19-2012, 08:53 PM
A friends friend recently died in his sleep... Just another thing to worry about.

How to get past it? I live alone..

crispi
08-19-2012, 09:12 PM
And I'm only 28... Not common for a 28 year old right?

Pmod300
08-19-2012, 09:13 PM
Why do you live alone?? Sometimes it's best to live with people. I have anxiety too and recently massage my back tail bone and all suddenly I my anxiety has stop. I don't know how but than I have a history of sitting in my bedroom and touching my laptop for almost a yr. Hope you feel better. =) God bless

crispi
08-19-2012, 09:18 PM
I live alone because I like living alone... Except for this anxiety stuff

crispi
08-19-2012, 09:19 PM
I also don't wanna get a roommate just bc I'm afraid I'm dying lol.

Pmod300
08-19-2012, 09:22 PM
Did u try massaging your back tail bone?? If so Plz tell me. :)

dazza
08-20-2012, 01:02 AM
"I live alone... I have no money... my dog has just died... my house is on fire... I have no friends or family"

NEVER MIND, JUST MASSAGE THAT TAIL-BONE

lol

;-)

jhunter89
08-20-2012, 01:04 AM
LMAO dazza! Ahahahahaha. Thank you I needed a giggle :)

crispi
08-20-2012, 11:25 AM
Lol. That's awesome.

dazza
08-21-2012, 12:51 AM
By the way, in answer to your original question:

Unless you have some serious, underlying illness - you're not gonna just die in your sleep, right?

People don't JUST die for no reason.

The nearest case of sudden death is actually called "Sudden death syndrome" - usually in young people with an undiagnosed, inherent heart condition.

To be sure you don't have a heart condition, you are best to get an ECG and an echocardiogram (ultrasound scan of the heart).
With the ultrasound, the doctor can see every valve and other motion of the heart which would indicate a possible problem or not.

ECG screening & echocardiogram is recommended if there have been any young sudden deaths in the family, or if a young person is suffering from symptoms of:

Chest Pain (Exercise related)
Breathlessness
Palpitations
Dizziness
Fainting

Unfortunately, ALL of these symptoms can be caused by anxiety - so it's important to be able to distinguish between them!