PDA

View Full Version : problems with the family and friends.

VampirePanic
08-18-2012, 12:03 PM
When my anxiety makes me feel like im sick or my throat is closing off i will ask my parents and best friend if im okay. I make sure i dont need to go to the doctor or anything and i know thas stupid but id go insane if i didnt make sure i was okay. But, my pqrents just dont get it. They think i am being annoying, and stupid. They dont understand that i literally cant help it. I dont choose when my throat gets likethat.
What should i do?

kzac
08-18-2012, 12:11 PM
Have u been to a doc or therapist anyone? Im 28 and when i got that i used to convince myself that i couldnt drink eat or take meds cuz my stomach had closed off and i used to ring my mom even tho im married with 3 kids myself!! She would just say dont be so bloody stupid! Full of sympathy my mom, lol!! U just need to when it starts repeat over and ive felt like this b4 it is just my anxiety im ok. Keep repeating it over and over every time eventually ure brain will start to listen! Its a horrible feeling i know but u need to break the vicious circle of it by trying to remove the fear. If that makes sense!!

Kellyx

adrenalyn
08-18-2012, 12:22 PM
I agree with kzac...if you repeat to yourself all is okay and that this is just a symptom, you will be okay. I do this myself and have found it does help. I also realized that having had anxiety for years that I have yet to have any physical harm after an episode and feel fine...fear is a horrible shadow of anxiety.