PDA

View Full Version : health anxiety

Forrest Owl
08-18-2012, 11:14 AM
So I am freaking out pretty bad, my anxiety is very high the week before my period starts.

Ok so on my right pointer finger under the skin on the bone close to the palm( I hope that makes sense) it hurts and when I touch it I can feel something hard on top of the bone, I have no idea what it is, I know I didn't bang my hand on anything, there is also a small one on my pinky finger that one doesn't hurt I found it just because I was feeling my other fingers to see if it was normal. well now I am terrified that maybe its bone cancer, I don't want to run to the doc again in fear they will stop taking me seriously. I really dont know what this could be, does anyone else, or am I right to be alarmed of bone cancer? I just hate that I cant see what it is because its under the skin, it doesn't even protrude out I can just feel it and when I touch it to much it hurts, kinda like a bruise feeling, but I know that cant be it because I didn't do anything to my finger

kzac
08-18-2012, 11:53 AM
Its horrible bein scared of every lump and bump isnt it! Im no doc but i have never heard of bone cancer being discovered by a lump on a bone cud u of maybe bumped it in your sleep maybe days ago that u dont remember! Id try to calm yourself down and if its still like it in a week then maybe consider going to the doc. It is prob ure anxiety in overdrive stop touching it and try to forget it,(easier said than done i know!)

Kellyx

Tristanayoubi
08-18-2012, 12:11 PM
at least you're not worried about a heart attack like me.. haahahaha

Sedigive
08-18-2012, 01:10 PM
For real! Heart attack/health anxiety is my problem. My other anxiety is a driving fear.

Forrest Owl
08-18-2012, 04:25 PM
my husband said it could be a ganglion cyst or something like it, he told me people with bone cancer just the bone itself hurts that there's no actually bump that forms on it and because I can feel the bump on two different fingers its probably not that.

I have a lot of health anxiety and driving to, but I only have a outburst once a month and its always the week before my period

trinidiva
08-19-2012, 07:25 AM
I have major driving anxiety....I've worked from home for the past two years for that reason. I just can't seem to drive on the highway.

daisy84279
08-19-2012, 08:38 AM
I have a fear that my body will just "power off." Like a computer crashes. Just that quick. I know it's completely crazy to think like that, but that's what I fear the most.

crispi
08-19-2012, 09:02 PM
I have the same fear. Of me just dropping dead. That's what I'm struggling with right now. Afraid I won't wake up in the morning.

It's not bone cancer, that's not how it works. Although I'd prob think the same thing if I had that (bc I think every bump or discoloration or pain is me dying, not bc that's what bone cancer is)

Pmod300
08-19-2012, 09:10 PM
Lol I'm scare of leaving my homes at time. When my college semester school starts I'm scare. I loose my breath meeting new people and I just can't do it all times. Everyone just pray that It
Will go away. God bless all =)

missfoxC
08-19-2012, 10:14 PM
I'm terrified I'm gonna have some crazy allergic reaction to something.... It's ridiculous. I have no known food allergies but I'm scared of everything....

sharjen
08-20-2012, 04:15 AM
Missfoxc please try and get out of that - I too had those feelings and now I have a food phobia- really not good- if u carry it'll only get worse believe me xx

kzac
08-20-2012, 06:06 AM
The only real way to conquer it is to eat the foods And welcome in the anxiety each time it will get a little easier.. I do wish i got it about chocolate tho funny enough its the only thing i eat anxiety free!! Lol xx

sharjen
08-20-2012, 08:12 AM
Oh really?? I gave up chocolate when I gave up caffeine- bummer I love chocolate- the thought of eating normally sends my body into panic don't know why- but it's driving me crazy

missfoxC
08-20-2012, 01:08 PM
That's how I am! It's sooo terrible. I haven't eaten fast food in months and months! I eat everything I prepared and cook myself!

dazza
08-20-2012, 01:12 PM
Fox-C-Lay-Dee

Odd that; for no reason or proof of allergies, you still fear them.

What do you fear, exactly? what is/are the thought/s that consume you?

Is is violent vomitting? unable to breath? self combust?

sharjen
08-20-2012, 03:23 PM
With me the fears anaplectic shock don't know why- but absolutely petrifed me to the extend that I can't eat only once daily and the same damn thing everyday and won't take medications-doctors won't help they just tell me to eat- I wish it was that easy

kzac
08-20-2012, 03:51 PM
I fear that to not to your extent tho, can you go to another doc at all. Having a good doctor is so vital bad ones can make you worse!

Kellyx

whatif
08-20-2012, 10:08 PM
I fear the driving thing too... But I mainly fear that I'll pass out or drop dead at any moment. As a result, I fear being alone (like when my husband leaves for work and my son leaves for school). As for the food thing, I went through that myself in the beginning of my anxiety issues (20 yrs ago)... I used to fear that someone would drug the food prior to me eating it (strange huh?). I used to only eat things that were sealed shut. I'm pretty much over that now (not even sure how I got over that?). As for the allergy person on this thread... Get tested (if you havent already), then make yourself TRUST the results. Good luck all... Stay strong and keep working hard at not giving into those irrational thoughts!!!