PDA

View Full Version : Procedure today

ednor812
08-17-2012, 08:43 PM
So I had an outpatient procedure today and I was real anxious about it. Came out of it feeling great and was discharged. No discomfort nothing. But the past couple of hours trying to relax watching tv and I feel like my heart is pounding out of my chest. Heart rate is between 80-85 bpm. Took a Xanax but it hasn't helped. Procedure was a d&c so it has nothing to do with my heart and I was put under general anesthesia.

Enduronman
08-17-2012, 09:05 PM
Hey Ednor,

More then likely just the effects of the anesthetic wearing off and your systems making the adjust from being made from unconcious to conciousness again. Just some suggestions: Relax, turn off the tv, sit in a warm bath, lite some candles, force your breathing to slow down, slow the breathing=slow the heart...turn off or ask all stress inputs to be quiet or leave the room.. You're going to be fine. Its just the way your system is adjusting. Hope that helps..

E-Man.

luckydog
08-18-2012, 03:38 PM
I had polycystic ovarian disease and had an endometrial ablation..general anesthesia like you. My heart rate stayed up for several days until the post op pain stopped.