PDA

View Full Version : Can't stop thinking!!

qyucx
08-17-2012, 09:57 AM
I can't control my mind, and I always find worries starting to creep inside my head.
For example, my mother was diagnosed with breast cancer last week. It's very small and she says it treatable and not to worry. I wasn't worried at first, but then I thought more and more about it until I was terrified. I finally calmed down and felt great this morning, but now I can feel the worries creeping back in...and I can't stop them!

It's an awful feeling, like someone else is in control of my own mind. What can I do? Any tips?

dazza
08-17-2012, 10:24 AM
Someone else IS in control of your mind... and he's called Mister Anxiety

He's a son-of-a-bitch because he's able to take everything and throw it ALL, totally out of proportion.

You have to take the facts and try to focus on those. If mom said that it's treatable then that's that.
Rest assured she will be in the best hands and will be very closely monitored hereon.

Enduronman
08-17-2012, 10:58 AM
Dear Qyuck...

Yes, Mr. Anxiety has invited himself inside. He is also being fed quite well, he isn't being malnourished. You're providng him with everything he needs to survive..Negative thought, imagery, clutter, delusion, speculation, assumption, presumption,...all of which you are self-creating. The Dr's have already told you some very key, vital, and crucial information that states: "She caught it early enough so therefore it is recognized, located, found, small, treatable, (which may mean removed asap), and that she will survive."....

So, what have you done with the actual facts, diagnosis, treatment, and confirmed success?...Distorted it, contorted it, twisted it, turned it, into= Hell on Earth.

Imagine this: Both parents diagnosed with cancer at the same time? One with prostate cancer that can not be treated and must be removed in order to give him a fair chance at continue to live a normal and more prolonged life. One with cancer in her ovaries, breasts, and on an organ that is a must have for sustaining life..only option, remove it all. It was quite an experience. It was real, true, honest, factual..I lived through that AND so did them both too....The advances in modern medicine are astounding to me. A robot called the "The da Vinci" was used to operate on my father..with amazing accuracy and skills far beyond human capability. It is quite an "odd" looking device for sure..but it is a very useful, beneficial, successful machine/robot to have been engineered. Looks like a giant shiny stainless steel spider..An intimidating looking machine, that saved my fathers life..They're both "all clear" even after these years have passed..

Now, remove the thoughts of despair, grief, sadness, and fear because the LAST thing your mother needs from you is to let this (easily correctable) issue turn you into a jellybean. Also, she will have worries and concerns about YOU that she has no strength or room for..Also, if you can do anything for your mother at this point, the most beneficial and positive things you can do for her is to SUPPORT HER rather then make her condition, make her feel, even worse..out of concern for YOU..

Stop allowing Mr. Anxiety to create the "selfishness" within you that he is so good at doing...Remove him. Go and visit your mother, give her a hug..and tell her that you love her very much...

Best bet my friend...

Sincerely,
Enduronman....

luckydog
08-18-2012, 03:26 PM
A very dear friend told me 15 years ago...and repeats it every time I call him in need. He says stay out of your head..its the most dangerous place on earth. Then I get a well deserved yet gentle scolding for going there. Like he hasn't told me a million and one times. Lol

adrenalyn
08-18-2012, 06:28 PM
Agreeing with the above replies! Stay out of your mind as the negative thoughts and images will feed anxiety. I am sure your mom is just as worried about you and has a lot of her own worries right now, she needs you more than ever right now as i am sure you know. We will all be here for you :)