PDA

View Full Version : Feeling low & flat

jessy
08-17-2012, 06:06 AM
Need some advice on how to lift my spirits , been feeling down for over a week , need to shake it off !!

dazza
08-17-2012, 06:34 AM
Need some advice on how to lift my spirits , been feeling down for over a week , need to shake it off !!

5 pints of cider + blackcurrent normally sorts me out!

The question is... why are ya feeling low me old love? Any particular reason? Money / relationship / work / share price drops / pile of ironing to do / haven't won the lottery / got a big, red zit right on the tip of your nose for all to mock, etc.?

jessy
08-17-2012, 06:39 AM
Marriage problems , money problems , alone most of the time ! 2 children .
I have nothing to complain about , I'm very lucky compared to some people . I just have this awful feeling of depression that I can't get rid of . I feel really emotional all the time & a bit scared

jessy
08-17-2012, 06:40 AM
I also feel very lonely

jhunter89
08-17-2012, 06:54 AM
I feel very lonely too, a side effect if having SA :( sorry it's not much help lol

jessy
08-17-2012, 06:59 AM
Sad isn't it :-(
The days keep rolling on

jhunter89
08-17-2012, 07:10 AM
Yup. Feels like life is passing me by. Do you go to work?

dazza
08-17-2012, 09:48 AM
Often people say that they think life is passing them by but when it comes to explaining what they'd actually like to be doing... they don't really know, or wouldn't do it anyway because it's just a dream.

Failing relationship problems are one of the worst, since that feeling of being "trapped" with someone ya don't wanna be with anymore is kinda like a torturous prison sentence and it just grinds and grinds and grinds you down.

Money worries aren't so bad since there's always help somewhere along the line... and, well, the best things in life are often free anyway.

Making that initial step to get out of a relationship is hellish... no question, but the rewards are always SO worth it. The sense of freedom is like being re-born... and the world suddenly because an exciting place again.

jessy
08-17-2012, 10:04 AM
I have my own business with my other half , but not there at the moment , do no not working at the moment .

I to feel as if life is passing me by

jessy
08-17-2012, 10:06 AM
Thanks Dazza for the advice :-)
Not that easy though :-/.

jhunter89
08-17-2012, 10:09 AM
Do you have anything you enjoy doing? I have yet to find something lol

jessy
08-17-2012, 10:16 AM
No I can't find the joy in things , I am COMPLEATLY lost x

dazza
08-17-2012, 10:30 AM
I know it ain't easy. Been there when a previous relationship went wrong (even though it was my own fault)

I was a mess for some 6 months after the split and during this period, nothing, bar NOTHING interested me whatsoever. My world was a very dark and dingy place and it was so hard going to work or even talking to people.

It's a state of mind that is powerful enough to overthrow just about everything... but of course, all was well in the end.

Whatever it is that's REALLY bugging you has to be dealt with... and until you do, things will just carry on as they are... forever.

Dark times often require brave and drastic action.

jhunter89
08-17-2012, 10:32 AM
I don't know if I'm in love or have just become totally dependent. I believe it is love, but I fear it's the latter.

dazza
08-17-2012, 10:40 AM
Ahhhhhhhhh... now... here's a problem.

The definition of love, or LURRRVVVVVV.

To be taken wildly across the kitchen table or just someone to sit and watch emerdale farm with every night?

To me, love is lost when you look at them and don't fancy them anymore... this might sound shallow, but it's always been the case for me.

When you kiss, do your lips still tingle a little or is it just a formality in the morning as you see them off to work?

jhunter89
08-17-2012, 11:08 AM
I tingle all over when we kiss and my heart burns with desire when i think of him BUT I dont trust him completely and I need him too much.

dazza
08-17-2012, 11:22 AM
OOOh, the passion's still there then...

Love is the whole package though int it. I mean, you gotta fancy them, but you've gotta be able to converse, have fun with, get pissed with, share interests, TRUST, care for and it's gotta be mutual.

It's not healthy to want someone SOOO much, especially if you don't get the same from them.

It's also not healthy to be with someone who's up their own arse... like, they know they're good looking and this makes them arragant / ignorant. It's unlikely they'll change. (Leopard / spots)

Perhaps you should have a chat and voice your concerns? nothing like the truth...

jhunter89
08-17-2012, 11:32 AM
Hmmm not sure I'm quite ready for that

camilla91
08-17-2012, 12:47 PM
Depression gets me aswel, I'm just starting to pull myself out of it, I don't think the problem here is the relationship I think the problem is routine! Lol I've done the same thing day in, day out for 2 straight years, I ended up with no meaning to life, but these past few days I've been getting better n better! I've made sure I've got something to do everyday, gym, see the parents, I've applied for college and just applied to be a volunteer, the only person that can pull you out of this is you, my nest venture is getting a bike and having a ride with nature :) that's my goal of the week (also I've got a gypsy wedding to go to tomorrow that's gunna give me a lot of amusement LOL) I think you need to give your life meaning again, I've noticed I'm feeling better everyday, break the routine!

dazza
08-17-2012, 06:08 PM
Hmmm not sure I'm quite ready for that

Fuck I'm drunk..lol

Righht, ok then, errmmm... not sure what the problem is really...errr...

Hmmmm..

The one thing that always gets blokes going is the thought of losing their lay-dee...so, play hard to get or pretend you're not interested and he'll come begging.

(Also, give it some bare leg on the sofa... sit with ya bare legs crossed looking all seductive but innocent. Works every time ;-) )

jhunter89
08-17-2012, 11:50 PM
Hahahaha :)

jessy
08-18-2012, 07:54 AM
Hahaha , just reading these & feeling a little more light hearted !!
Dazza you have me lol !!!
:-)