PDA

View Full Version : How do i know? (someone please help)

sammiexxxx
08-17-2012, 12:57 AM
How do we know that what were having is anxiety? I could have a brain tumor or asthma or anything yet no one will run any tests as they put it down to anxiety I'm now getting all symptoms of an anuresum( can't spell it ) and I'm scared something will happen before I get it sorted as I'm putting it down to anxiety someone please help ?

Tristanayoubi
08-17-2012, 01:10 AM
Anxiety causes us to somehow create our own symptoms. I constantly thought i was going to have a heart attack, and then i would keep getting heart attack symptoms. To this day, those symptoms have gone away.. I dont get any numbness in my arm anymore, and I'll occasionally get chest pain (most likely caused by acid reflux)

Buttercup
08-17-2012, 01:35 AM
That's the problem with anxiety- you don't know as so many anxiety symptoms mimic other conditions. Try and think logically. The doctor would never dismiss you if they truly thought something was wrong with you, look at risk factors for diseases (age, weight, lifestyle etc) and likely you will not be in the risk category for any of the conditions you think you may have. Another thing is that even if the doctor did run tests and they came back negative you would probably still not be convinced you were ok.
Best thing to do is accept the fact that anxiety makes you feel crap, it can make you feel so ill that you worry you are dying, it mimics many other conditions but that does not mean you have these conditions. But on the upside when you are anxiety free you will feel so much better and these symptoms will go away so don't focus on the symptoms and what they could be, focus on treating your anxiety. Are you on meds? do you see a therapist/counsellor? Are you doing all you can to get rid of your anxiety? It's hard to over come but it is possible so look for these options and not for what illness you may have.