PDA

View Full Version : Someone please help me

sammiexxxx
08-16-2012, 07:01 AM
I sometimes feel like when I'm sitting there normally my breathing goes funny and it's like I'm breathing in hot air and can't breathe out properly I keep getting major headaches especially when I cough I also feel very nauseous and dizzy a lot I get this at random times which causes me to believe its not anxiety I just can't explain how I feel I also sometimes go all warm and get pins and needles throughout my body and just go lightheaded I always feel like I'm numb and just feel like I'm waiting to die :( I'm scared of this I've been like it since june but it's just got worse and now I wake up feeling this way :( is it anxiety or worse ?

Suzzy
08-16-2012, 07:11 AM
Hi Sammie! You have just descreibed what I have been diagnosed with.... Chronic Hyperventilation. It literally causes everything you have described! You probably dont even know you're hyperventilating/overbreathing. I certainly dont! I would say i am breathing absolutely fine but a lot of people with CH do have trouble with their breathing.... Symptoms of CH include, amongst other things - dizziness, difficulty breathing, tingling/pins and needles, numbness, light headed, headaches, coughing, sighing, yawning etc etc. Sound familiar? :) There isnt a quick fix for it but its basically a case of improving your breathing pattern - breathing less and breathing deeper. So things like meditation or buteyko breathing could really help you! You do have to stick with them though, they dont work overnight. It is a really scary thing to experience, ive been suffering every single day since January now.... but it is something that can be overcome. I finally got my diagnosis from a neurologist in June! Hope ive helped! :)