PDA

View Full Version : medication to take daily?

Tristanayoubi
08-15-2012, 02:41 PM
what medication can i take to stop symptoms of anxiety? as long as its not addictive and its not a sedative

annalea(:
08-15-2012, 02:49 PM
You could try natural things like Kalms or a Rescue Remedy spray :)
The spray works a wonder!!
AnnaLea
Xx

Tristanayoubi
08-15-2012, 02:52 PM
do you use them yourself?

kzac
08-15-2012, 02:54 PM
You could try kali. Phos no. 6 you can get them from holland and barratt they are tissue salts you just put a few on your tongue and they dissolve,they work for me!

Kellyx

dazza
08-15-2012, 03:24 PM
Ut oh... Tristans clutching at straws again, lol

(Sorry bud)

The only non-prescription rememdies I have tried are;

Chamomile tea
http://www.homeremediesweb.com/chamomile_health_benefits.php

Chamomile tea claims to works wonders for all sorts, including panic attacks, anxiety, migraines, IBS, cramps, insomnia and is said to give some beauty benefits.

I thought it tasted like shit to begin with but, after several cups you kinda get used to it and the taste becomes over-ridden by the solace that it's doing you good.

Rescue remedy drops
http://www.nelsonsnaturalworld.com/en-gb/uk/our-brands/rescue-remedy/about-rescue/what-is-rescue-remedy/

I actually plop 4 x drops of this into my chamomile tea for greater effect of both.

I've only tried the above 2 so I cannot vouch for others, but these seem to work for me.
Probably won't have much effect on severe anxiety. This is really only for mild to moderate cases.

My next suggestion of non-sedative drug would be Beta Blockers. I've used Propranolol with good results.
These types of drugs are widely used by actors to suppress "stage fright".
At worst they will make you feel a weeny bit less active than normal, but certainly have NO sedating effects.

annalea(:
08-15-2012, 03:31 PM
As Dazza mentioned, at least I'm sure its from the same company but the spray i use also comes in a bottle and pipette form, where you can put a few drops of it into a glass of water or tea. The spray is probably for a more quick and more discrete, as it just looks like a breath freshener. however, it does have a very strange alcoholic taste but that goes away in seconds, all you do is spray it on your tongue twice. It just depends which works for you really :)
The Kalms are pills, you take two, three times a day after meals :)
Both of these are available at pharmacies and prescriptions are not needed :)
AnnaLea
Xx

nf1234
08-15-2012, 03:33 PM
Rescue Remedy, Gaba, Inositol, Magnesium are just a few things that work great for anxiety.

dazza
08-15-2012, 03:39 PM
>however, it does have a very strange alcoholic taste

That'll be the grape brandy it mostly comprises of!

annalea(:
08-15-2012, 03:42 PM
Very true! :L
Sometimes i wonder if its the alcoholic taste or the flowers in it that are actually calming me down!
AnnaLea
Xx

dazza
08-15-2012, 03:58 PM
>Sometimes i wonder if its the alcoholic taste or the flowers in it that are actually calming me down!

Each ingredient will have its own effect, but the formula as a whole will have a greater effect.

I might try the following experiment and get back to you...

Experiment 1 (flowers)
Go graze on some tasty tulips or gorge on some daisy's in my back garden

Experiment 2 (brandy)
Drink two bottles

I've a sneaky suspicion that experiment 2 (get shit faced) will probably have the most profound effect, lol

annalea(:
08-15-2012, 04:04 PM
Haha, please do get back to me on this mini experiment! :)

AnnaLea
Xx

Enduronman
08-15-2012, 04:56 PM
Wow! I didn't even see this thread.. interesting!

Hey Son,

How do you go from "I went to the Dr. and he prescribed me lorazepam for anxiety/panic attack control" yesterday?...TO
Medication to take daily? "without the potential for addiction and sedation"?...

What just happened...where am I..how did I get here...?

jus wunnering...

trinidiva
08-15-2012, 05:06 PM
Buspar is a med used to treat anxiety, it is non addictive and is not a sedative. I take it, along with another med.

Tristanayoubi
08-15-2012, 05:20 PM
I want something that gets rid of symptoms, because those are the things that freak me out. The dead arm feeling etc.

Lorazepam was just for when i have an attack. A full on anxiety attack.

trinidiva
08-15-2012, 05:23 PM
Buspar!!! You can take it daily. It is very easy on your system...and if you are really having a tough day, you can still take xanax with it.....as needed.
I too, was worried about taking something addictive, so I started out with Buspar. Good luck to you.