PDA

View Full Version : Does eating Red meat (Iron) Cause anxiety?

Tristanayoubi
08-14-2012, 11:20 PM
Does too much Iron intake from red meat cause anxiety symptoms? A close friend of mine said that it could be a cause.

Tristanayoubi
08-14-2012, 11:38 PM
No i completely agree with your last statement mate.

I was just wondering, because red meat is pretty much all I eat.

dazza
08-15-2012, 01:29 AM
pmsl... ahhh deary me.

Tristan!!!!!!!

What next... air causes anxiety? Water causes anxiety?

Come on fella. Let's have at least SOME rationality please?

Having said the above, the only time I can see red meat (e.g. beef) causing an indirect problem is that beef takes longer to digest than other meats.
This may sit a little uneasy in an already anxious stomach.

You have to remember that anxiety is a state of mind and not a physical symptom itself. The physical symptoms are a spin-off or result of anxiety.

whatif
08-15-2012, 07:35 AM
Well said Dazzy... "state of mind"... Geez, wish our state of mind was more "naturally" positive ;)

Enduronman
08-15-2012, 09:22 AM
Son,

You literally just ANSWERED the reasons behind virtually EVERY SINGLE POST THAT I HAVE SEEN YOU TYPE on this forum...(heart, chest pain, pain in center chest, stomach issues, GERD, heart attacks, acid reflux, holy s**t am I going to die..posted questions?)...

Red meat, everyday..is SETTING YOU UP FOR A SERIOUS HEALTH RELATED DISASTER IN THE FUTURE and you have already been freakin out and bouncin of the walls and googling until 2 am until yer fingers are bloody, raw, and sore to figure out why you have these persistent and constant (pains in your chest, and omg am I going to die of a heart attack) post threads...

You just told me, what your REAL problem is...RED MEAT EVERY DAY!!!!

Fact! Quick fix,,...tell MOM to quit packin the fridge with red meat!!! Adjust your diet now! and accept the fact that it isnt going to taste as good or provide you with a sense of rewards....I choose life! Over red meat.....

DUDE!

Dont make me find you, because I can and I will...

E-Man.