PDA

View Full Version : Prozac for anxiety

jeremyfresno
08-14-2012, 09:20 PM
My doctor wants me off Paxil and wants me to try a new medication for anxiety. Has Prozac worked for anybody with anxiety? I don't have depression just anxiety.....I would really appreciate some feedback and experiences with this medication.

Thank you all,

Jeremy

TheWhiteRabbit
08-14-2012, 10:59 PM
I take Prozac. Started with 10 mg and moved to 20 after a month. I'm doing a lot better than I was. Still need occasional Valium but it's only every three or so weeks. Dr thinks its hormonal so if I didn't have that problem I'd say it's good. Everyone is different so try it and decide for you!

Good luck!

W-girl

jeremyfresno
08-15-2012, 03:08 PM
I take Prozac. Started with 10 mg and moved to 20 after a month. I'm doing a lot better than I was. Still need occasional Valium but it's only every three or so weeks. Dr thinks its hormonal so if I didn't have that problem I'd say it's good. Everyone is different so try it and decide for you!

Good luck!

W-girl

Thanks for the reply! I might go with Prozac cause Wellbutrin and lexapro is too expensive and I don't have insurance....hopefully Prozac won't make me feel like a zombie cause that's the horror stories I hear about