PDA

View Full Version : Food issues

jhunter89
08-14-2012, 12:50 PM
I have a real problem trying foods I've never tasted before. If I dont like the look of it, smell of it, the texture or even the sound of it, I won't try it. I'm scared of having a bad taste in my mouth I think? I don't know. It's very annoying because I'm limited to what I can eat and it's very awkward and embarrassing when going out for dinner. I am round my partners parents at the moment for dinner, we're having chicken korma, I don't think I've had it before and I'm worried I won't like it and have to eat it as not to feel rude.

sharjen
08-14-2012, 03:13 PM
PleAse don't allow this to get any worse - I suffer with a food phobia which started like this- its horrible I can only eat once a day and that's sausage and chips and I drink water that's it- really not nice

camilla91
08-15-2012, 01:58 AM
Sharjen why do you do that? The same things happened to me, I've controlled certain foods all my life and its recently got worse, I'm a big woman and not being able to eat is very upsetting! I've lost nearly two stone in a month, I eat a bite of a weetabix in the morning, pull tiny pieces off a slice of brown bread through day and eat another bite weetabix at night, I wanna be back t normal! R u doing anything that helps you? And jhunter, don't let this get any worse, its always good to try new stuff (especially when you've got anxiety) and believe me a korma one of the nicest things to eat!

jhunter89
08-15-2012, 05:49 AM
It was actually really nice :) I usually have an enormous appetite and eat a lots of the few foods I do like. But when I'm anxious my appetite vanishes completely.

camilla91
08-15-2012, 07:09 AM
It usually does when we're anxious but well done for eating it! Very proud :)

sharjen
08-15-2012, 08:37 AM
Jhunter eat everything and I mean everything you really don't want to end up like me

sharjen
08-15-2012, 08:41 AM
Camilla- I used to eat well and everything!! Trust me everything then I had a few meds allergies next I had a reaction to kiwi and after that everything I ate made me itch and not feel well- doc thinks because I'm soooo scared of allergies I've built up a meds and food allergy- I will only eat at night and I will only eat sausage and chips and drink water- nothing else passes my lips- nothing!!! Doc doesn't want to know so I'm just waiting for a therapy referral

camilla91
08-15-2012, 10:59 AM
That is really odd because the same things happened to me! Its the reason I don't eat! I had a bad reaction. T sum meds and since then I'm convinced the same things gunna happen to me if I eat certain things! I've gone from just under 13 stone to just over 11 in about 2 weeks, I like being a big woman don't wanna end up a stick! Lol if you manage to find some help let me know! I only eat certain things at night aswell probably because I'm less anxious and know if I did have a reaction I could sleep it off, I've seen an anxiety woman yesterday and she said that its very worrying and needs sorting fast so I'll let you know what happens there, I'm glad I've found someone that's going through same as me! (Ish lol) xx

sharjen
08-15-2012, 11:25 AM
That's unreal- I thought it was only me!!it would be concerning because the body needs certain nutrients that it's not getting- I won't eat until my husbands home from work just incase I go into anaphelectic shock- I know it sounds nuts but I'm absolutely petrified- I've probably got a longer wait for help than you- they don't seem in a rush to help me even though I'm refusing an important operation because I'm petrified of an anaesthetic allergy- are u on here a lot ? Or do u have kik? Or what's app? To keep intouch

jhunter89
08-15-2012, 11:47 AM
Wow I'm sorry to hear that guys. I hope you get the help you need very soon!

sharjen
08-15-2012, 11:58 AM
And I hope after hearing our stories u go and eat loads of different foods !! It's no fun being like this xx

sharjen
08-15-2012, 12:01 PM
Well I hope u sort yourself out now it's no fun being like this - good luck xx

camilla91
08-15-2012, 12:10 PM
Not on any of those! Lol I'm on bbm and facebook that's it r u on any of them? I'm on here nearly all time aswell, I hope you get the help you need too! Its horrible living like this but I think with the right help we could fix it! I can't believe someone else is going through this! How mad is that? Lol xx

sharjen
08-15-2012, 02:20 PM
I know crazy isn't it- yes I've got fb my names Sharon price it's a pic of a little girl in a pink cardigan sitting on a red chair- its be nice to stay in touch as we've both got the same thing lol

camilla91
08-16-2012, 12:44 AM
I can't find you! Lol you find me its camilla stanley, its got a pic of me (blonde hair fone in hand, pink nails lol) xx

dazza
08-16-2012, 12:49 AM
Just a thought... you can attach pics to these messages, so why not put the same bookface profile pic up here so peeps know what to look for?

dazza
08-16-2012, 12:56 AM
Here's a pic of me dressed as Michael Jackson last year in Ibiza, pmsl...140

camilla91
08-16-2012, 01:24 AM
LOL is that really you?! LOL love the hand! LOL this is the pic to look for, I'm deleting this after you've found me don't want too many people knowing who I am LOL. 141

dazza
08-16-2012, 01:28 AM
haha.. yeppp... we all dressed up one night and people were shouting "Michael" all sincerely as we walked down the streets.

Eeeee Heeeee, owwwwww!

Blimey... look at youuuuu!!! blonde bombshell!

camilla91
08-16-2012, 01:38 AM
...Its dyed LOL I haven't seen my proper hair colour since I was 14 LOL

Enduronman
08-16-2012, 01:48 AM
OMG! So, I wake up..after 2 whole hours of sleep..while I had to ingest enough medications to put a Rhino into a coma for 1 week, 3 days, 4 hours, and 23 mins....to see, WTF?.. baahhaaha! baaahhahahaha!... IMHO I think you all may have a rare but not deadly disease called "Gay Red Meat Magnesium Worry Heart Shock Bowel with Paranormal Abomination Skittles Deficit Deficiency Syndrome"...Google it and you too will "see" what I mean! Knowledge is power!..WEEE!!

Ok, goodnight again..zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

camilla91
08-16-2012, 01:56 AM
I'm not googling it because I will then convince myself I have it and I would rather not have anymore 'illnesses' thank u LOL

sharjen
08-16-2012, 02:33 PM
Dazza u crack me up Lool camilla I think I've found u- well I hope I have otherwise I've just added some random person!!