PDA

View Full Version : Sinus connection to anxiety?

kman
08-14-2012, 08:02 AM
I've started to notice that when my anxiety peaks, so does my chronic sinus issues.

The back drip makes me nauseous and gives me heartburn, and being stuffed up doesn't help with breathing.

Wonder if there's a connection, or is my brain trying to force one?

sharjen
08-14-2012, 08:20 AM
I have no idea if there's a connection but I also get this- its very annoying

fletch127
08-14-2012, 10:21 AM
Stress and panic takes it out of you and you can feel unusually run down from A) not being that active and doing nothing a few days in a row or B) just is mentally tired from all the emotion being drained out of your body so you can be more prone to getting short term colds or whatever.

kman
08-14-2012, 12:12 PM
No this isn't a cold...I have had chronic sinus issues forever. It seems like the sinus issues start before the anxiety for whatever thats worth.

kww5190
08-14-2012, 08:54 PM
I have had chronic sinus issues for the last 3 years and for some reason whenever the sinus is inflamed it tends to trigger my anxiety attacks. I was anxiety free for about 3 weeks and then last Monday started with sinus congestion and the panic attacks started almost immediately. I am on antibiotic now and steroid ear drops for the sinus and congestion issue but my anxiety is thru the roof.

Tristanayoubi
08-14-2012, 11:48 PM
I feel this too. I get congested. Sinus and chest.