PDA

View Full Version : Buspar - Thoughts and Comments please!

misunderstood0412
08-14-2012, 02:46 AM
I just got put on buspar for my general anxiety disorder and was wondering if anyone had any information or feedback about it.

Thanks!

bcdefg123
08-14-2012, 07:39 AM
Yep yep, been on it for three days now. I'm at 20mg currently, working my way up to 30mg. It's a medicine that's at its best after a couple weeks.

It has made day-to-day anxiety easier to ignore. For example, my heartbeat, which I perceived as on the loud and fast side, has both softened and quieted. Which is also kinda scary, but it's something you get used to. Also, I have less dizziness.

Last night, however, I had a panic attack that seemed to be harder to snap out of. Other forum members will attest that Buspirone is not effective against panic attacks, and in fact, makes them worse.

In terms of side effects, I'm okay taking 5mg at once, but with 10mg, I feel a tad funny, especially when I dart my eyes around. This starts about an hour after taking the pill, and lasts less than an hour after that. If I lay down, I don't feel it as much. Side effects are supposed to decrease over time.

In the end, I see it as a tradeoff. I'm able to function pretty much normally during the day now, so I can live with it.

Enduronman
08-14-2012, 08:41 AM
Dear mustd0412,

Go into the (medications) forum and read the entire thread on buspar that was created a day or two ago. There you will find answers, opinions, facts, and even meet some of the people taking this exact medication themselves...

Goodluck..

E-Man..

aforce
08-18-2012, 02:38 PM
yes initially you will be benefited but after and during withdrawal you will be 10 times more in trouble ...learn to relax , PMR and 30 mins exercise ....and change yure behaviour....this disease cannot be cured by medication but we can learn to diminish anxiety ,,... by changing behavious