PDA

View Full Version : someone talk some sense into me..

Tristanayoubi
08-13-2012, 10:27 PM
I just did 2 hours of vigorous exercise... IF i were at risk for a heart attack (which yes I know I am not. I have finally realized that )

i would've had a heart attack while working out right?

bcdefg123
08-13-2012, 10:39 PM
Not like I've ever had a heart attack, but you probably would have started to experience symptoms either during or quickly after exercise. The heart attack would likely have come soon after.

Remember that if you've been feeling anxiety, any symptoms you experience are likely due to anxiety too. Chances are if you've survived at the end of the exercise, you're fine. :)

Tristanayoubi
08-13-2012, 10:43 PM
I know im healthy, but sometimes i need to post the same topic over and over again.. it gives me reassurance

kmarie30
08-13-2012, 10:54 PM
I'm going through the same thing you are not the only one with heart fears. Do you get adrenaline surges and flutters and palps too?

Tristanayoubi
08-13-2012, 10:55 PM
OH YEAH. big time palps..

man.. im too young for these damn problems.. im only 15.

Tristanayoubi
08-13-2012, 11:20 PM
you're the first person to put it in that perspective. thanks a lot forwells.

Tristanayoubi
08-13-2012, 11:37 PM
so how do you let it fade away?

Buttercup
08-14-2012, 01:30 AM
Someone posted the other day about probability and possibility. It's something I have used for awhile and find useful. For instance is it possible that you could have a heart attack? Yes, anyone of us could have a heart attack. Is it probable? No, you are healthy and by the sounds of things are not at risk for a heart attack.So look at probability and not possibility.
Thing is though that as an anxiety sufferer it can be hard to accept that bad things are more than likely not going to happen and that if they do it's not the end of the world. Forwells puts this across well, listen to him :)

ebbie08
08-14-2012, 09:59 AM
I am the same way. Every time I see the news about someone dying or had a heart attack, I start to feel sick and get an anxiety attack, that's the same fear I have. This anxiety is horrible bit we have to start saying to ourselves that we are fine.