PDA

View Full Version : Does anyone have some helpful words or me?

at1988
08-13-2012, 10:14 AM
My anxiety is mostly with traveling. It's other places too, but I feel like I've almost learned how to deal with all my anxiety EXCEPT traveling long distances for long periods of time.

On Saturday Aug 18th I leave to go from Manitoba to BC for 1 week. (7 whole nights). I'm 100% sick to my stomach about going.

On July 11th I left for a road trip through the USA for 1 week. I was okay about ht trip until the night before we were leaving u broke down. Almost the whole trip I had anxiety, panic attacks and sick stomach. So now I am afraid that's going to happen all next week when I am in BC.

I wake up in the middle of the night terrified about going. I can picture myself there (I have been every year for the past 3 years, as I go to visit family) and I just know I don't want to be there. I don't want to feel sick the whole time.

Does anyone have anything words of advice they can give me to help me through this? I have to go. The plane tickets are booked.

Thanks I appreciate any advice.

Enduronman
08-13-2012, 12:24 PM
Good morning, good afternoon, good evening, and goodnight..LOL!

1. You're extremely intelligent, bright, witty, center of attention.
2. You're a jetsetter, traveler, explorer, visionary.
3. You're not even bothered by flying, not being in control, or takin risks.
4. Your anxiety is deep rooted and generalized..its there, its always been there..Now however, you're focusing "it" on the 1 single thing that you're accustomed to doing, performing, enjoying..which means that "it" suddenly is in control of you whereas prior to this, you were in control of "it".
5. You have to figure out how, when, why, you transfered TOTAL CONTROL over to dips**t Mr. Anxiety? (the trigger)..there is one trigger. find it.
6. Once you figure out the answer to that 1 simple question, then you'll have the answer to why you're here to begin with?..

You must figure out the 1 part of the entire traveling experience that is tearing you apart..Then either fix it, change it, adjust it if you can. OR.. Immediately accept that 1 thing that you can not change and go have a good time exploring the world..

You're the only one that can answer this question. You're the only one that can understand it. You're the only one that can fix this...FAST!!

Nice reading you..

Have a great day!

E-Man..:)

at1988
08-13-2012, 03:54 PM
Thanks for replying. I am a complete mess right now. I just want to feel normal again and smile without it taking so much effort. I feel like I won't feel this again until I am back from the trip. What I'd the whole time I am on the trip I feel sick? My dr gave me lorazepam and that's the only thing I've ever taken for anxiety and Ic ONLY take. It when I have become REALLY scared.
What if I have a really bad panic attack while I am away. And I want to come home? What of I feel sick that whole week? That will make 2 weeks of me feeling sick about this trip. Why can't I just go and have fun? I know I have to go on the trip because if I dont I will have fed my fear. And once the trip is over I'll be very proud of myself. BUT getting there is so hard. UGH!

at1988
08-13-2012, 03:55 PM
I have had the lorazepam for 4 years about which is how long I've been knowingly experiencing anxiety and panic attacks.

This trip has got me feeling trapped and alone