PDA

View Full Version : read if you have time!

kdanielle
02-26-2007, 05:41 PM
well i thought i would share my story and id appreciate it if i could get some replies or something back..just to know what other people think..

im 18 years old and i have been diagnosed with havin anxiety/panic attacks..it all started about 2months ago..i smoked weed for my first, AND LAST, time..well i basically freaked out and called 911..i had no idea that i evne called 911 until after i called, i was like GONE, as i would say, and my heart was beating 180..which is WAY WAY over the limit as im sure you all know..well i went to the ER and the gave me some medicine and i just stayed there for about 2 hours and i guess my high was gone down and i was fine..they said they thought it was laced with something and come to find out it was..there was cocaine in it..i didnt know that when i smoked it..after that i was fine for about two weeks..then i started having the attacks..i have been to the ER 5 times, and they probably are looking at me like im dumb b/c i keep on coming back..but when i get an attack its so scary..i think that im dieng of a heart attack..and im only 18! but all my symptons are the same as a heart attack..i get the tingling in my hands and feet..i get hot all the sudden..i can barely swallow..i feel lightheaded/ dizzy..my heart goes really fast..my jaws hurt..back pain..i basically get all the symptons..the doctor gave me lorazepam which helped somewhat but right now im out of the pills and have been out for three days..last night i went to the ER b/c i had several attacks during the day..i just cant help but go to the ER when i have them..i am afraid to even go 30 minutes away b/c im so far from the hospital..i am just wondering if the weed and cocaine had any affect on this?? b/c i have never had any kind of problem like this until now

myra
02-27-2007, 06:40 AM
Yea, I think drugs can do that. It's done that me before.

I'm doing better now!

Have you tried seeing your family doctor, psychiatrist, or therapist?

V for Victor
02-27-2007, 08:31 AM
You should consider getting those pills refilled, if possible.

I am 18 too, and have also worried about having a heartattack, etc. I have also had all the same symptoms you're describing.

I know they're terrifying, but they're not a sign of anything more than anxiety.

You have to try and keep that in mind. When an attack is coming on, you have to remember what is really going on here: You're not having a heart attack, your having an anxiety attack. That's why you get the stiffness, the hot flashes, the tingling/numbness, and so on.

Anxiety attacks won't usually go away on their own. You have to take action to make them go away. When an attak happens, you've got to say to yourself, "I'm not going to sit around and wait for this thing to get so bad it drives me to the emergancy room. I am going to go do something productive, despite it."

That may be the hardest thing in the world to do, but you'll find that the attack will diminish then. And it will be easier next time.

You'll be alright :)

kdanielle
02-27-2007, 07:44 PM
okay well thanks..yeah i went to my family doctor today..i got my pills refilled..hopefully they will contine you to work okay...last night i got one hour of sleep it was that bad..it was just continuous..but i dont know..i try to keep in mind when its happening that its just an anxiety attack..but its even hard to do that! i would not wish this upon NOONE. thanks for the replies tho!!