PDA

View Full Version : Does anybody know of this/heard of this?

Tristanayoubi
08-12-2012, 09:23 PM
Does GERD cause pain in the arms? or is it my anxiety causing it? or is it something else? its my left arm most of the time.. but some insight is needed<3

zksmom
08-12-2012, 10:28 PM
Anxiety can cause any symptom you can imagine. If you fear you may have a heart attack, your mind makes your body "feel" the symptoms of a heart attack. If you fear or worry about a certain type of cancer, same thing. The mind is a very powerful thing. It can play tricks on us and manifest things that just aren't reality. Unfortunately, those of us that suffer from anxiety and panic have to deal with these feelings much more often than "normal" people do. Medications will help if given time and the correct ones. Also, finding a hobby or something you enjoy doing to keep busy and keep your mind off of these symptoms helps tremendously. You'll be ok. Good luck to you.

Tristanayoubi
08-12-2012, 10:30 PM
I know exactly what you mean... Im only 15 and athletic.. logically i know im not going to have a heart attack, but my anxious brain keeps telling me I am.

zksmom
08-12-2012, 10:35 PM
Oh honey, your only 15???? Please see a dr and get this anxiety under control. You're way too young to be worrying about these things. Honestly, medication will help you or speak to a therapist that specializes in anxiety treatment. Even talking to someone else that has experienced anxiety will help. You have your whole life ahead of you. Enjoy your youth!!

Tristanayoubi
08-12-2012, 10:45 PM
well.. 14.. going 15 on the 30th.

I'm going to try neurofeedback ever heard of it? any stories you've heard about it?

dazza
08-13-2012, 01:25 AM
Tristan... if you were having a heart attack you'd be a gonna by now. Please see and accept this.

Heart attacks usually start with a deep, achy-like pain in the centre of the chest, gradually worsening until it feels like there's an elephant sitting on you... this pain often then radiates down the left arm and up the neck / into the jaw - by which time you will be sweaty/clammy, short of breath and losing consciousness.

Yeah, I know anxiety can simulate some these symptoms but honestly, if it's happening so frequently and you're still able to walk around, exercise or even just sit here typing day after day then absolutely guaranteed, 100% without doubt what you have is NOT heart related.... AT ALL

What you are experiencing is a combo. of excess adrenalin, nerve distrubances & likely acid issues which are driven by anxiety.
They feel hideous I know... been there, done that a hundred times myself, but take the fact that they happen so frequently (and feeling anxious... see the link?) and ram it home, HARD.