PDA

View Full Version : Expired Food?

fletch127
08-12-2012, 09:22 AM
I just ate some fish fingers that have been in the fridge for a week or so cause our freezer blew and now i am panicking i could get Food Poisoning, Mum reckoned they should be okay but i am not to sure although they smelt fine in their cold but thawed state and they taste fine upon microwaved. I've had things in the fridge for this week but the meals i have had has been day(s) earlier and have felt okay but I am scared i am pushing it now...

Help???

Enduronman
08-12-2012, 09:39 AM
chill out..
1. The printed "expiration dates" are merely a "generalized guideline" of the potential for foods to expire, and by NO mean state that on August 12th, 2012...the contents of this packaged food herein will immediatley become toxic, cause poisioning, cause illness, cause harm, cause death...So, STOP freakin out...
2. Those so called "expiration dates" are put on there by some very smart and cautious people (attorneys, so the companies can not get sued) but the food manufacturers ALSO apply this date but ALSO know that most people wont give a flip or look at it anyway...so there is a more lengthened PERIOD OF ACTUAL USEABLE TIME that has been calculated prior to the printing of that number...usually 7 days PAST so called "OMG I'm going to die" date...

drink a glass of water, and go watch Scooby-Doo...Yer going to live friend!

Enduronman.

dazza
08-12-2012, 09:57 AM
Captain Cod Breath

Iceland's own brand of "fishy fingers" stink right from the outset... you can never tell whether they're off or not.
The anticipation in the hours proceeding meal times is always a nervous one.

Scooby-Dooby-Doo, where are you... we've got sum fish ta eat nowwwww...

(I used to fancy Daphnie as a kid)

fletch127
08-12-2012, 10:11 AM
Thanks!!, I was more pointing out at the temperature of the meal and whether fish fingers are safe to eat at a warmer level than a freezer but still cold environment

Enduronman
08-12-2012, 12:12 PM
bahaahHaa!! (NO I'm not laughin at you Fletch, its the DAZZLEING DAZZ!)..

Thanks for the laughs bro!..Yer fine Fletch.. "Captin Cod Breaths Stinky Finger" comment is what got me rollin!!! and yes, The Scoob was da dog...(Shags was a stoner,..like wow man)..

E-Man...:)

camilla91
08-13-2012, 01:07 AM
Have to point this out.. Stephanie? It was daphnie LOL obviously didn't fancy her that much! Lol

dazza
08-13-2012, 01:10 AM
OOOPS! well, I knew it ended in a "NIE"!

(I've corrected it now, lol)

camilla91
08-13-2012, 01:45 AM
LOL now my comments gunna look odd! LOL

dazza
08-13-2012, 01:56 AM
Haha... edit your comments then!

Alrighhttyyyyy THEN... i'm off to work. Have a good day!

camilla91
08-13-2012, 02:04 AM
No its fine LOL I'll leave them as they are lol

VampirePanic
08-13-2012, 09:29 AM
I do this all the time. I eat something and then get scared about it. From experience you'll probably be okay. Just try to calm down. :)
Best of luck!