PDA

View Full Version : Anyone have anxiety and get Pregnant?

TheWhiteRabbit
08-11-2012, 03:51 PM
As anyone on here already had anxiety and successfully carried a baby?

I want to get pregnant but scared with my anxiety. Any stories or advice?

:-)

TheWhiteRabbit
08-11-2012, 05:15 PM
Nobody...?

kimby88
08-11-2012, 05:18 PM
Hello.

Brief but about me I'm 23 and I have two beautiful baby girls. They are amazing and my whole world. I have had anxiety since I was 13...I suffer terribly...panic disorder and health anxiety. When I was 21 I found out I was pregnant I was petrified thinking I can't do this..my anxiety..I won't cope ect but then when I was handed my daughter I knew at that moment I would do whatever it took to be strong for them. I won't lie it's scary and it's daunting but worth every minute. Your anxiety won't harm your baby. Not even a little bit. As long as you make sure your eating and drinking fluids that's all that baby needs. Good luck..hope this helps.

whatif
08-11-2012, 06:37 PM
I've had anxiety since age of 20... Got preg when I was 33 and I too was freaked at the thought of being preg w anxiety, being a mom w anxiety, etc. I can honestly tell you that my anxiety was almost not even detectable while being preg, it was GREAT! I guess I was so consumed with the baby growing inside me that I didn't have the time to freak about myself... Plus, anytime I felt a little strange (which would normally cause anxiety), I finally had something REAL to blame it on... My hormones and the baby. You will enjoy the experience of growing a baby and you'll love being a mom!!!!!!

TheWhiteRabbit
08-12-2012, 10:38 PM
I'm hoping I don't have anxiety while pregnant. This is my one wish! I'm going to do it... Wish me luck!