PDA

View Full Version : Just posting this question to get some peace of mind.

Tristanayoubi
08-09-2012, 01:31 PM
So who else here has left arm pain? and numbness occasionally? Am I the only one that gets scared because of my chest pain and my arm pain?
Damn im only 15 and athletic so im not going to have a heart attack. But is there a way to trick my anxious brain into thinking im NOT going to have one?

GreenPlz
08-09-2012, 02:17 PM
You should definitely consult a professional on this one. Some medications depending on what you are on can cause limb numbness randomly.

Tristanayoubi
08-09-2012, 02:22 PM
I'm not taking any medication, and I know its not a risky situation.. I'm healthy! But I KEEP THINKING IM GOING TO HAVE A HEART ATTACK! Someone help me.

dazza
08-09-2012, 05:20 PM
> I KEEP THINKING IM GOING TO HAVE HEART ATTACK! Someone help me.

What's the magic word? (rhymes with "breeze")

The actual sensation is almost guaranteed to be a nerve compression of some sort or perhaps carpal tunnel syndrome (also nerve related)

Possible root causes:

o Excess adrenalin (possibly from high anxiety) can tense muscles, which in turn pinch nerves
o Your posture (maybe too much time sitting at your PC). Try rotating + wiggling your arm around
o Some arm nerves originate form the neck. It is likely that your neck muscles or a crooked neck has pinched one of these connecting nerves. (Try moving your head + neck around)

Go see a doctor & have a nerve scan if it persists, but for now, try loosening up & improving your posture.