PDA

View Full Version : Lexapro - Lightheaded??

itsdavetime
02-25-2007, 11:23 AM
I just started taking Lexapro (4 days now) 10mg, and am feeling lightheaded and a little weird right after I take it. Is this normal? Has anyone else experienced this, and if so, how long does it last for?

I was thinking of changing the dosage in half to 5mg (cutting the pill in half).

Any ideas?

jitters
02-26-2007, 03:09 AM
Give it a little time the side effects should wear off within a week.

Duncan

myra
02-26-2007, 06:38 AM
I got really bad side effects from Lexapro. They made me so dizzy and nauseous that I thought I was pregnant.

Yours don't sound that bad though, I would stay with it or ask your Doctor if you can cut them in half.

juliana
02-28-2007, 06:15 PM
I'm taking Lexapro. I've been on it for about 4 weeks now. My doc got me to start by taking 1/4 tab the first 2 times and then increase it to 1/2 for a week and then increase to 1. I have a history of negative side effects to SSRIs, so we have to work up to the full dosage slowly.

The first week or so, I felt very spaced out a couple of hours after I took it. It also upset my stomach and gave me acid reflux (I started taking Nexxium for that). It still tends to upset my tummy a bit but the other side effects (apart from a headache in the evenings) are gone. It's actually helping a lot with my anxiety and I'm much less depressed. I take mine shortly before I go to bed, so when there are negative side effects they're not interfering with my day at work. I'm a very nauseous girl by nature. I tend to feel nauseous almost every day. The Lexapro has lessened my anxiety to such an extent in the past 10 or so days, though, that I'm having less nausea than before I started taking it.

Give it time to work and monitor your progress and side effects with your doctor. The really bad effects should go away within a couple of weeks and you should know within 3 or 4 weeks if it is having a positive effect on your anxiety.