PDA

View Full Version : Hey there from Victoria

The Girl
02-25-2007, 04:48 AM
As a first timer i have to say that this forum is brilliant. I can really feel the community spirit here!! i have had anxiety and panic attacks for about 18 months, was a spontaneous onset. Have had some therapy (CBT) which was great but this kind of thing runs in my family and I have found that talking to my family members who have the same/similar symptoms to be incredibly helpful! No Meds for me but let me let you in on a secret weapon against anxiety and panic attacks that my lovely sister put me onto...(there are two!!) Power over Panic and Working through Panic by an inspriational woman called Bronwyn Fox. For those of you hoping to get through without meds i can't recommend her enough...also Claire Weekes ia great!! I am mostly functional and getting better all the time through implementing what Bronwyn Fox teaches, still have some BAD days (don't we all) where anxiety whams me upside the head but i am getting through these too with some effort thank God!!! Well thanks for having me!! Good luck and good thoughts everyone!!!