PDA

View Full Version : Anyone have GERD that can help me?

anxiousoutcast
08-07-2012, 05:49 PM
My doctor tells me that my crushing/bloated feeling in my left chest area is from heart burn. He said this after I had been to see him and the emergency room thinking I was having a heart attack. He prescribed me some medication but I haven't taken it yet because I fear an allergic reaction and/or it won't work. Anyway, after reading about heart burn and gerd I found that I don't really have all the symptoms. Sure I get heart burn now and then, but it's supposed to be bad when I lie down. I don't have any issue when I lie down. My symptoms are a crushing and/or bloated feeling in my chest (left predominately, rarely the right), occasional heart burn, a soft foul smelling stool, trouble breathing (as in my lungs hurt) and troubling swallowing sometimes.

About 10 years ago I got a barium and other tests and the doctor couldn't find anything. Is it possible to have gerd and not have constant heart burn? Can you have heart burn without the burning feeling but have the other symptoms?

Thanks!

anxiousoutcast
08-07-2012, 06:30 PM
Thank you! I love the short and quick answer :)

Enduronman
08-07-2012, 06:30 PM
Agreed..Yer not going to die. I too had GERD and thought it was an actual heart attack..Famotidine or what did they suggest for you?...Do NOT delay and dilly dally around, relief may be mere MINUTES AWAY FRIEND..

(PS: I got into BIG trouble that day as I came home to be sure my life policies were paid up, and then went to the ER without tellin my wife...I HOPE she doesnt read this post because I will have to suffer the conciquences of my choice, action, and decision to leave everyone else in peace that day)...

ENDURONMAN.

(Cheers KEV!) :)

anxiousoutcast
08-07-2012, 11:14 PM
He gave me omeprazole, I will start taking it tomorrow. You said you used to have GERD, Does it come and go? As in you can go months without an issue and then it starts again?

I hide going to the doctor from my boyfriend, he gets mad at me because he was able to overcome his anxiety and I struggle.

Enduronman
08-08-2012, 08:36 AM
Yes..It will come and go. You got this under control anxious!

E-Man. :)