PDA

View Full Version : Monday, and I am awoken by complete silence. NO POWER! LOL!

Enduronman
08-06-2012, 04:48 AM
Hey forum friends,

Yes, it was too quiet and it woke me up. No clock, no nothing, dark.. Reaction mode kicked in within seconds.
1. Load handgun, best to be ready for a possibility of an intruder. They wouldnt be in good condition if they came through my door or window. This was not panic, this was normal reaction and preparation.
2. Light candles. We got it made. (when we have power).
3. Make coffee. Electric pot..eesshh! Boil water on gas stove, pour water through coffee pot, yum. (strong however as the hair on the back of my neck is standing up)..
4. Wake 16 yr old daughter to use her phone (cell). I do not have a cell anymore since May 10th...I LOVE IT!!!....
5. Make breakfast, gas stove.. Good to go.
6. Power just came back on..What did I learn? Go get some new batteries for my flashlight, candles, battery for my weather radio, more coffee because I'm out (strong, whoa!), and some more ammo just in case too..

4 more days of prednisone to stop the autoimmune system attack on my body. I feel great, but I am also not going to push it and end up stuck here for another month either. Been here since June 8th...once steroid cycle is done then I am back in business!..

Hope everyone has a great day! (and power too.)

Enduronman.;)