PDA

View Full Version : Tablets

Rednip
08-05-2012, 09:31 AM
Hello .So went back to work today after a week off and had such a bad day only done one job at work and stress about it since thinking did I do that right ,have I booked the right part out and price ,just round and round in my head ,since coming home I have been back to work twice to check.I was on tablets a few weeks ago they was citalopram they made me very dizzy and was messing things up at work ,I only took them just over a week then stopped them .i need to know if anyone has any advise on what other tablets there are out there for GAD/OCD that won't corse to much dizziness .I know that it depends but am open to any advise thanks

Enduronman
08-05-2012, 10:18 AM
Citalopram is an (anti-depressant/anti-anxiety) dual purpose chemical (supposedly). The side effect that you speak of is one of the MOST common also. It can cause headaches, dizziness, feelin like you got a football helmet on...You did what I wouldv'e done, stop taking them. Not sure if theyre considered ssri or ssnri but they mess with seratonin in yer brain or nophenephrine..There are other things available but I will post yet abit more in abit...got work to do now...sorry.

Enduronman.

Rednip
08-05-2012, 10:42 AM
Ok mate nice one thanks ,yea feels as though I'm not all there with it either

luckydog
08-05-2012, 10:49 AM
You should ask your doc...but some of those medication side effects will stop once you take it for a few weeks. I have found out from being a Guinea pig for my first shrink. Thought he was good. Then we got orders to another state. Now I know the first was terrible lol

dazza
08-05-2012, 11:25 AM
Citalopram is also used to prevent premature ejaculation!

Not that it matters, since sex is out of the question when in panic mode anyway... <sigh>

Rednip
08-05-2012, 11:58 AM
Cheers luckydog going to go there in the morning .didnt know that dazza always good to know I suppose .i am going to try and get some Effexor tablets I read abit about them and they seem good for GAD

Buttercup
08-05-2012, 01:19 PM
Everyone reacts differently to tablets but whatever you get it's best starting low and then increasing. The unfortunate thing with SRI's is that they tend to all produce unwanted side effects at first and can take a few weeks to kick in. When I started citalopram I was dizzy and tired for a couple of weeks and it took another 4-6 weeks of taking them along with seeing a psychcologist before I saw any difference. I found also that they helped with depression but not so much with anxiety, it was seeing a professional that helped with that.

Is anxiety your main problem? After a recent bout of panic attacks my doc put me on beta blockers which were incredible for me- they reduce the production of adrenaline, lower heart rate and bp and the only side effects I had were some weird dreams and a bit of weight gain. I haven't had a panic attack in months now and am reducing dosage of the beta blockers and am still ok. It could be an idea to talk to the doc about them if you suffer from panic.

Also would it be possible to take more than a week off work? Starting meds when in a job can be a nightmare due to the side effects so taking more time off whether it's sick leave or annual leave might really help.

Enduronman
08-05-2012, 04:01 PM
Everyone reacts differently to tablets but whatever you get it's best starting low and then increasing. The unfortunate thing with SRI's is that they tend to all produce unwanted side effects at first and can take a few weeks to kick in. When I started citalopram I was dizzy and tired for a couple of weeks and it took another 4-6 weeks of taking them along with seeing a psychcologist before I saw any difference. I found also that they helped with depression but not so much with anxiety, it was seeing a professional that helped with that.

Is anxiety your main problem? After a recent bout of panic attacks my doc put me on beta blockers which were incredible for me- they reduce the production of adrenaline, lower heart rate and bp and the only side effects I had were some weird dreams and a bit of weight gain. I haven't had a panic attack in months now and am reducing dosage of the beta blockers and am still ok. It could be an idea to talk to the doc about them if you suffer from panic.

Also would it be possible to take more than a week off work? Starting meds when in a job can be a nightmare due to the side effects so taking more time off whether it's sick leave or annual leave might really help.

BINGO!!!...and for the fella looking at Effexor for anxiety, i'm not real sure about that one bruh.. If it is depression or a depressive state that you're in, yes..if its anxiety or anxietal tension is your primary focus, concern, and issue then Effexor isn't going to help with that in fact in may exasserbate the anxiety/panic issue friend.. jus sayin.

E-Man.