PDA

View Full Version : breathing

daisy84279
08-05-2012, 09:02 AM
I realized last might that when I'm in a stressful situation, I don't breath much. It's like I forget to breathe. The normal circumstance for stress and anxiety is that a person starts to breathe faster. Does anyone else find themselves not breathing during stress?

Enduronman
08-05-2012, 10:13 AM
(fight or flight) response causes the muscles to constrict, the blood vessels to constrict, and in extremely tense or stressful situations it may cause you to hold your breathe and it also begins stopping bloodflow to your extremities to "protect" your vital organs...Aren't animals weird!..grrr LOL!

Enduronman.

Tristanayoubi
08-05-2012, 10:26 AM
Also adding to what Enduronman said: Don't hyperventilate.

daisy84279
08-05-2012, 11:03 AM
Yes we are an amazing creation :) I noticed that my blood pressure was up, my breathing was down, and I just ended up with a headache after it was all over. Anxiety is a "B" word

dazza
08-05-2012, 11:20 AM
> Yes we are an amazing creation

Too amazing for our own good, I'd say.

With such brain-power brings possibilities of malfunction... anxiety is solid proof of that.

Enduronman
08-05-2012, 03:50 PM
True dat bruh!!. Next time this happens, breathe in..breathe out..deeply as this will force oxygen into your cells, and into your brain. Breathing "techniques" are suggested my MANY therapist, psychologist, yadda yadda...it will DE-INTENSIFY the falseness of the TENSE moment... yay

Enduronman.