PDA

View Full Version : Depression

jessy
08-05-2012, 08:24 AM
Depression is taking over yet again . Never stays away for long before it rears it ugly head again .
Feel all the old hopeless feelings creeping their way back .
If I'm not crying , I want to scream !
It ruins every part of my life :-(

drksydeone
08-05-2012, 11:30 AM
Have you ever thought that you may be choosing to be depressed. I know it sounds stupid but the longer you hold onto this belief that depression is rearing its ugly head the longer we keep it going. Taking ownership for feeling depressed and that it's something you are doing may allow you to move in a new direction. Hope this helps.

jessy
08-06-2012, 01:20 AM
I am certainly not choosing to be depressed .

drksydeone
08-06-2012, 04:36 PM
In a way we are doing this to ourselves by the messages we are giving ourselves. What would be better is if we changed our bad thinking HABITS. That's right this is a habit almost like an addiction. I don't really like the word addiction but it's most certainly a habit. Changing our thinking behavior involves some work but can be done with the proper skills.

jessy
08-07-2012, 02:31 AM
You think depression & anxiety are a habbit ? I know what you are saying & agree in some ways but not everyone is the same .
I try very very hard & do all the right things but I still suffer with both things & it's a daily struggle
Jessy

drksydeone
08-07-2012, 05:11 AM
I absolutely do. I also struggle with anxiety and depression. I'm but no way undermining or saying anyone is doing this to themselves intentionally. I'm just saying that with a&d usually there is a terrible thinking habit that exists. Otherwise we probably wouldn't be anxious or depressed. We wake up in the morning and brush our teeth we do this out of habit. No different from the messages we send ourselves. I wake up and start I feel like shit, I'm tired, I'm no good, etc. these thoughts left to build soon take hold a ruin our day week month. But if we can recognize these thoughts and counter them and stop them in their tracks allows us to manage our reaction. The problem is the thoughts become our beliefs we hold of ourselves. We stop these detrimental thoughts and challenge them and form new ones and better thinking habits. Just a thought.

jessy
08-07-2012, 09:30 AM
Yes I do totally understand where you are coming from with the thoughts & feelings we have making us feel crappy & depressed .

Yep I am on med's , I take dosulepin 75mg at night for depression & have lorazapam for anxiety as & when needed , this combination seems to work ok for me , better than all sorts I've tried in the past !! , however I still battle with the anxiety & sad feelings , not as bad as they've been in the past , they come & go !!.

The last couple of weeks have been particularly bad , have no idea why ?

Thank you both for your reply's

Jessy x

drksydeone
08-07-2012, 10:41 AM
Just as a suggestion. Try and listen in on the messages you are giving yourself. I have had them all. Believe me. And I don't mean focus on them I just mean recognize that you are doing it.
Ahhh I feel like shit today, man I don't feel like going to work, I guess I'm just lazy. Whoooaa! There we go. Did you see how easy we do that to ourselves and when these thoughts are left unchallenged that sink in to our beliefs. So when you have these moments. Counter them. Call them out. Bullshit!! I'm not lazy I'm just tired because I had a hard week. No big deal. I'm human and will stumble at times but calling myself lazy doesn't serve me or towards my feelings.