PDA

View Full Version : I know im healthy but why do I think this!

Tristanayoubi
08-03-2012, 11:36 PM
I know i'm healthy, but i always think there's something wrong with me. what the hell..

Any ideas on how to cope with this?
Maybe meditate on the fact that im healthy?

dazza
08-04-2012, 05:06 AM
It's not really YOU (as a clear-headed individual) who's thinking it, actually. It's your partially malfunctioned, anxious brain that can't help but conclude the worst case.

Take an airoplane flying past. Do you worry it's going to crash into you? or do you just look, take no real notice and carry on with what you're doing?
(An extreme example, I know... but it kinda highlights the point)

Mr super anxious would worry about the plane. Mr rational would not.

Who wins? Mr rational of course!

You need to adopt a "i don't give a shit" attitude. It works really well :-D

kad
08-04-2012, 05:46 AM
I know how you fee Tristan - it's an awful feeling - Dazza has the right idea, I just wish I could do it :)

Enduronman
08-04-2012, 06:15 AM
It's not really YOU (as a clear-headed individual) who's thinking it, actually. It's your partially malfunctioned, anxious brain that can't help but conclude the worst case.

Take an airoplane flying past. Do you worry it's going to crash into you? or do you just look, take no real notice and carry on with what you're doing?
(An extreme example, I know... but it kinda highlights the point)

Mr super anxious would worry about the plane. Mr rational would not.

Who wins? Mr rational of course!

You need to adopt a "i don't give a shit" attitude. It works really well :-D

fully agree here. I have that same "I honestly dont give shit" tude myself.. Flip the switch in yer mind, done...

Eduronman.

Tristanayoubi
08-04-2012, 02:26 PM
But I DO have the "i dont give a shit attitude" about everything except for my health it seems.

Enduronman
08-05-2012, 07:06 AM
You my friend may have a "genetic dispostion" to be the way that you are and havent taken the time nor effort to find out how to clarify it, or discount it. Your parents, you G-parents,..You must do some reasearch because the things that you're thinking about at 15 ARE NO WHERE NEAR WHAT I WAS THINKING ABOUT!!..You're feeding this inferno yourself bro, so either learn about it or chill.. You've got (pulmonary embolisms) on yer mind and i had (pizza, party, p****) on my mind at 15!!....If you had "the switch" then you wouldn't be concerned like you are all the time bruh.

Enduronman.