PDA

View Full Version : help...

TylerAnn
08-03-2012, 10:34 PM
How would you want your partner to react when you told them you wanted to end things because you're scared and this disorder is causing you to feel that you can not be in a healthy long term relationship, even if said partner has been as supportive as possible?

Tristanayoubi
08-03-2012, 11:24 PM
You dont end things with them at all!
If they're supporting you, they care about you a lot.. and they're willing to help you through it. tsk tsk.. Stupid decision mate.

crystalrose1985
08-03-2012, 11:34 PM
I agree, I wouldn't break things off either ...it probably would cause more anxiety for you in the long run....of you have a good partner who is understanding of your situation HANG ON TO THEM!! I've been with my bf since the night It started for me (he actually took me to the hospital) and he is def my security blanket when it comes to my anxiety buuuut he still doesn't understand it all the way and still gets very frustrated sometimes when it just "happenes" .....so don't break it off is my advice!!

TylerAnn
08-03-2012, 11:38 PM
My boyfriend is the one with GAD. I'm doing my best to help, I've been reading up on his disorder since he was diagnosed. Tonight he told me he's afraid and feels he is not healthy enough for our relationship.

Tristanayoubi
08-03-2012, 11:41 PM
hmmm..
Talk him into it. tell him what he wants to hear, but it has to be something you're willing to do, something you're willing to commit to.

TylerAnn
08-03-2012, 11:45 PM
crystalrose

I was the one that convinced him to go to the hospital, I spent the holiday with him instead of family and stayed with him the next two days to help him. Tonight killed me. I told him I read about this happening to others. I think he changed his mind after blowing up on me.

Tristan
He told me we'll figure it out, but he still doesn't know what he wants. I even offered twice now to go to therapy with him.

Tristanayoubi
08-03-2012, 11:53 PM
Tell him that you'll do whatever it takes (if you haven't told him that already) If you truly do love him, you'll stick with him, everything will come naturally. If you're religious, then God has a plan. God knows what's good for the both of you.

TylerAnn
08-03-2012, 11:56 PM
I've told him before. I hope he knows. Thank you so much. I'm just trying to get a better understanding of all of this and I'm very grateful for any advice.

Tristanayoubi
08-03-2012, 11:57 PM
Hey, Trust me.. Im a youngin' I'm only 15 but I have my fair share of knowledge around here.. hahaha

TylerAnn
08-04-2012, 12:21 AM
Yeah, I don't plan on letting him walk away too easily, he knows I need him in my life too, GAD or not, I don't care if he thinks he isn't good enough because I know is more than good enough.