PDA

View Full Version : Does this happen to you too?

Tristanayoubi
08-02-2012, 05:35 PM
When I do the slightest bit of activity, my heart feels like its pounding.. Even walking up the stairs causes my heart to pound and beat hard...
Is this normal?

zksmom
08-02-2012, 06:10 PM
I don't know if its normal but it happens to me all the time. I'm not in shape by any means though. I'm sure that's the main reason it happens to me.

dazza
08-02-2012, 06:34 PM
Define "normal" ?

If you're riddled with anxiety disorder then the chances are that negotiating stairs is enough to set you off.
It has & still does me sometimes, even after 7 months experience with it.

Probably a few things going on here...

1/ if you have health (heart) anxiety then as you approach the stairs you begin to subconsciously worry about your ticker - which triggers an anxious reaction (including increased heart rate)

2/ when climbing stairs, we often feel a little muscle tension/pain in our legs... this tension/pain can ALSO trigger an anxious reaction
(since anxiety disorder brings with it an exaggerated reaction to otherwise normal pains)

3/ you may also be somewhat out of shape

4/ you may also be overly aware of your heart and, where an increased heart beat is normal when climbing stairs, your acute awareness is making you anxious

Tristanayoubi
08-02-2012, 09:57 PM
I'm extremely athletic, at least 1 hour minimum work out every day.

Normal meaning: Does this happen to you? have you ever heard of this related to anxiety? Stuff like that.

Tristanayoubi
08-02-2012, 09:58 PM
But yes, I think i may be overly aware of my heart.

Slammed Vdub
08-02-2012, 10:14 PM
you and me both :/

crystalrose1985
08-02-2012, 10:17 PM
It happens to me quite a bit ....drives me crazy!!! I do chalk it up to being over aware and paying to much attention to my ticker!! Good luck! !